Person-Centered IDD Program Integration
The Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and TennCare are excited to announce that all Medicaid long-term services and supports (LTSS) programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), including the Section 1915(c) HCBS waivers, the Employment and Community First CHOICES Program, and Intermediate Care Facility Services for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) will, for the first time, be aligned under the direct operational leadership, management and oversight of DIDD.
The primary goal of this integration will be to finally and fully achieve a single, seamless, person-centered system of service delivery system for people with I/DD that supports them to increase their independence, fully participate in their communities, and achieve their competitive, integrated employment goals. In addition:
- This change will allow DIDD to leverage its expertise and passion in supporting people with I/DD to positively impact all Medicaid-funded programs that serve them.
- It will enable the person-centered alignment of critical incident management, quality assurance and improvement, direct support workforce training and qualifications, and provider qualifications and enrollment/credentialing processes—reducing administrative burden for providers and minimizing some of the restrictive and burdensome expectations that have resulted from the impact of longstanding litigation.
- Further success will be achieved through the use of value-based reimbursement aligned with system values and outcomes that is specifically designed to support independence, integration and competitive integrated employment through the use of effective person-centered planning, enabling technology and the development of natural supports.
This page will include important information, resources, and updates about the IDD Program Integration. We value our partners and stakeholders and look forward to working together to envision a service delivery system that will support people to live the lives they envision for themselves.
Letter to 1915(c) Waiver Providers - September 3, 2021
Letter to Families - September 3, 2021
1915(c) Waiver Amendment Changes Resources
DIDD and TennCare are providing a plain-language summary of the proposed changes and a comment form for persons supported and families.
These documents can be found on the TennCare public notices webpage.
Persons and Families Presentation
- For 1915c Waivers
- For ECF CHOICES Program
- 1915c Family Overview Letter (9/25/2020)
- ECF CHOICES Family Overview Letter (9/25/2020)
- IDD Program Integration Overview for Families - October 13, 2020
- IDD Program Integration Overview for Stakeholders - October 2, 2020
- IDD Program Integration
- Family IDD Presentation
- IDD Integration Overview and Next Steps Webex Recording: Families - October 13, 2020
- IDD Integration Overview and Next Steps Webex Recording: Stakeholders - October 2, 2020
- Person and Family-Focused IDD Integration WebEx - August 20, 2020
- IDD Program Integration for Families and Stakeholders WebEx - July 28, 2020
- IDD Program Integration for Families and Stakeholders WebEx - July 21, 2020
Clinical Services WebEx Recordings
- Therapeutic Services IDD Integration Forum (10/21/2020)
- Therapeutic Services IDD Integration Forum (11/05/2020)
- Nursing Services IDD Integration Forum (10/26/2020)
- Nursine Services IDD Integration Forum (11/02/2020)
- Behavior Services IDD Integration Forum (11/09/2020)