February 19th, 2021 - The decision to explore the addition of another behavior respite location in Knox County is underway based on stakeholder feedback during the TN START AST Advisory Council Meeting.
February 2nd, 2021 – Check out the TN START AST Article on the Tennessee Works Blog
February 1st, 2021 – Interviews are in progress for the TN START AST Positions
January 29th, 2021 – Original TN START Reunion on the Clinical Consultation Network
- Back in 2004 centralized around the metro-Hamilton County area, the first START program was successfully piloted and paved the way for several START programs in operation nationally today. This special edition of the Clinical Consultation Network reunited key players from the Original TN START team, to share stories and insights from their experiences. Click here to watch the recording: https://youtu.be/M7kdFlTfoyU
January 25th, 2021 – First TN START AST Advisory Council Meeting Held
- The Meeting Agenda Included:
- Advisory Council Member Introductions
- Review of the TN START AST Advisory Council Mission
- TN START AST Overview & Update
- TN START AST Proposed Region Map Review & Feedback
- START Introductions, Overview of the START Model, System Analysis & Action Plan
- Next Steps Identified:
- START & the Advisory Council Members will work together to conduct a system analysis of existing resource centers through stakeholder focus groups across the state.
- START will provide a report of the findings from stakeholder focus groups and the report and recommendations will be reviewed by the Advisory Council at the next meeting in April.
January 15, 2021 - Tennessee START Assessment & Stabilization Teams: Where are we now?
- State and Federal Funding Approved. Grant funding also provided by the Council on Developmental Disabilities.
- Meeting with crisis and behavioral health entities statewide to:
- Evaluate the current system & identify gaps for individuals with IDD and behavioral health needs
- Establish inter-agency partnership agreements
- Offer IDD training
- Working with the Center for START Services on program development, training and certification
- Working to establish and fill 25 AST positions statewide across 5 regions (Nashville, Memphis, Jackson, Chattanooga, Knoxville)
- Exploring the addition of two behavior respite locations in Memphis and Chattanooga
- Systemic evaluation and planning for TN START AST Resource Centers
- Establishing the TN START AST referral process