August 24th, 2021: Over 50 referrals to TN START have been received and more than half have been assigned a TN START Coordinator.
August 18th, 2021:
- The TN START Clinical Director & representatives from three therapeutic respite facilities & the Harold Jordan Center toured and met with staff from the NC START Resource Center in Statesville, North Carolina.
- TN START was featured on WATE Knoxville Local News Station. Click here to see the news story.
July 21st, 2021: TN START AST Official Launch Date. We are now accepting referrals for Phase One. See the Contact & Referral Section of the website for referral information.
July 16th, 2021: TN START AST will begin accepting referrals for Phase One on July 21st, 2021. Referral information and the link to the Form Stack Referral Form will be available in the “Contact & Referral” section of the website.
May 20th, 2021: Watch the TN START AST episode of the Clinical Consultation Network that aired on May 11th.
May 11th, 2021: The following outlines the TN START AST Phased Roll Out Plan. The Phased Roll Out Plan was developed in consultation with the Center for START Services and with feedback from the TN START AST Advisory Council. The phased approach will help to ensure that we are able to successfully reach our program objectives and implement the START model with fidelity and proficiency. We are aiming to begin Phase 1 in the next few months. Check back for more info on the official launch date for Phase 1.
May 5th, 2021: Reminder: Join us for a special edition of the Clinical Consultation Network on May 11th at 12:30pm CT via WebEx. The entire TN START team will be joining host, Dr. Bruce Davis, to provide a brief overview of the program, review the brand new phased roll out plan, and introduce you to the TN START team. Info to join can be found at the following site: https://www.tn.gov/didd/divisions/health-services/clinical-consultation-net.html
April 26th, 2021: Second TN START AST Advisory Council Meeting Held
- The Meeting Agenda Included:
- Introduction of New or First Time Members
- TN START AST Advisory Council Welcome & Mission Review
- TN START AST New Staff Introductions & Updates
- TN START AST Partnership Updates
- TN START AST Phased Roll Out Review & Feedback
- START System Analysis Update
- Next Steps Identified:
- TN START AST will present the Council approved Phased Roll Out plan to stakeholders on the Clinical Consultation Network and on the TN START AST Website.
- TN START AST will distribute the final START System Analysis Report via email to the Advisory Council for feedback once it is completed. Action steps will be developed accordingly.
March 26th, 2021:
- 4 of 5 TN START AST Managers have joined the team as of March 16th and have begun training.
- 15 of 20 TN START AST Facilitators will join the team by April 5th and will begin training.
- Interviews will begin soon for the remaining 6 TN START AST positions.
- We have drafted a phased roll out plan for TN START AST and plan to obtain feedback from stakeholders at the next TN START AST Advisory Council Meeting at the end of April before its release.
- The entire TN START AST Team will be appearing on the Clinical Consultation Network on May 11th at 12:30pm CT via WebEx. Join us to meet & learn more about each member of TN START AST. Info to join can be found at the following site: https://www.tn.gov/didd/divisions/health-services/clinical-consultation-net.html
March 1st, 2021: 21 of the 26 TN START AST positions have been filled. The remaining 5 vacant positions will be re-posted.
February 19th, 2021 - The decision to explore the addition of another behavior respite location in Knox County is underway based on stakeholder feedback during the TN START AST Advisory Council Meeting.
February 2nd, 2021 – Check out the TN START AST Article on the Tennessee Works Blog
February 1st, 2021 – Interviews are in progress for the TN START AST Positions
January 29th, 2021 – Original TN START Reunion on the Clinical Consultation Network
- Back in 2004 centralized around the metro-Hamilton County area, the first START program was successfully piloted and paved the way for several START programs in operation nationally today. This special edition of the Clinical Consultation Network reunited key players from the Original TN START team, to share stories and insights from their experiences. Click here to watch the recording: https://youtu.be/M7kdFlTfoyU
January 25th, 2021 – First TN START AST Advisory Council Meeting Held
- The Meeting Agenda Included:
- Advisory Council Member Introductions
- Review of the TN START AST Advisory Council Mission
- TN START AST Overview & Update
- TN START AST Proposed Region Map Review & Feedback
- START Introductions, Overview of the START Model, System Analysis & Action Plan
- Next Steps Identified:
- START & the Advisory Council Members will work together to conduct a system analysis of existing resource centers through stakeholder focus groups across the state.
- START will provide a report of the findings from stakeholder focus groups and the report and recommendations will be reviewed by the Advisory Council at the next meeting in April.
January 15, 2021 - Tennessee START Assessment & Stabilization Teams: Where are we now?
- State and Federal Funding Approved. Grant funding also provided by the Council on Developmental Disabilities.
- Meeting with crisis and behavioral health entities statewide to:
- Evaluate the current system & identify gaps for individuals with IDD and behavioral health needs
- Establish inter-agency partnership agreements
- Offer IDD training
- Working with the Center for START Services on program development, training and certification
- Working to establish and fill 25 AST positions statewide across 5 regions (Nashville, Memphis, Jackson, Chattanooga, Knoxville)
- Exploring the addition of two behavior respite locations in Memphis and Chattanooga
- Systemic evaluation and planning for TN START AST Resource Centers
- Establishing the TN START AST referral process