January 15, 2021 - Tennessee START Assessment & Stabilization Teams: Where are we now?
- State and Federal Funding Approved. Grant funding also provided by the Council on Developmental Disabilities.
- Meeting with crisis and behavioral health entities statewide to:
- Evaluate the current system & identify gaps for individuals with IDD and behavioral health needs
- Establish inter-agency partnership agreements
- Offer IDD training
- Working with the Center for START Services on program development, training and certification
- Working to establish and fill 25 AST positions statewide across 5 regions (Nashville, Memphis, Jackson, Chattanooga, Knoxville)
- Exploring the addition of two behavior respite locations in Memphis and Chattanooga
- Systemic evaluation and planning for TN START AST Resource Centers
- Establishing the TN START AST referral process