FR100 - Smoke Diver
This course is designed to develop maximum firefighter capabilities while working in protective breathing apparatus. Individual and team responsibility for air management is developed and honed in order to increase firefighter efficiency and survivability. The full potential of the firefighter and associated equipment is achieved in physically and mentally stressful situations. The course is mastered through performance-based objectives that each firefighter must complete.
This course is designed for experienced firefighting personnel and requires a high degree of physical fitness and the ability to cope with physically and mentally demanding situations. Candidates must be in good physical condition.
- $123 per student on campus
- Not offered off campus
- Recruit Firefighter (F100); OR Basic/Live Firefighting (F102); OR Basic Firefighting (FF100) and Live Firefighting (F110). ALSO SCBA Using It (FF114) AND Firefighter Survival Get Out Alive (FF175) AND Rapid Intervention Team Operations (FF159).
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- NFPA Compliant SCBA with one spare cylinder
- Students shall demonstrate excellent competency in SCBA skills under the most physically and mentally demanding situations.
- Students shall demonstrate excellence in the principles of air management.
- Students should react and take appropriate action during various SCBA simulated emergencies.
- Students must demonstrate good situational awareness and decision making capability while in physically/mentally demanding situations.
Individuals participating in this course are required to be in TOP physical condition and prepared to participate in a strongly structured paramilitary environment. Intense physical agility activities and competency tests will be conducted throughout the course and must be mastered for the student to graduate.
Pre-existing illness and/or injuries and/or along with less than physical condition may be a contraindication for taking the course. Students are advised that failure or inability to perform required skills during the course may result in immediate dismissal from class. Inability to demonstrate and meet competency requirements by the end of the course will result in failure.