FF218 - Hazardous Materials Awareness
This Awareness Level training offered at the Tennessee Fire and Codes Academy is formatted to the individuals and emergency responders who are likely to witness, discover or respond to a hazardous substance release. They are also trained to define a hazardous material and its risks, recognize a release, identify the material if possible, and identify the need for additional resources, such as the area Hazmat Team. This includes law enforcement personnel.
- $210 flat rate off campus
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations 3rd Edition Advantage Access
- International Association of Fire Chief's, National Fire Protection Association, Rob Schnepp ISBN 9781284140705
- Identify the difference between hazardous materials/WMD incidents and other emergencies
- Identify the location of both the emergency response plan and/or standard operating procedures
- Define the terms hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction
- Understand the difference between the standards and federal regulations that govern hazardous material response activities
- Describe the different levels of hazardous materials training: awareness, operations, technician, specialist and incident commander