FF117 Flammable Gas Firefighting Tactics (LP Gas)
This course is designed to familiarize the student with the specialized strategy and tactics required to safely handle flammable gas emergencies.
Key areas of the course include flammable gas characteristics and hazards, strategy & tactics for fire and non-fire events, fire attack, and "live" firefighting scenarios.
- $800 lfat rate off campus
Basic Firefighting & Firefighter I Live Burn
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Protective Clothing
- NFPA Compliant SCBA
- Student will be able to describe how foam suppresses fire.
- Student will have a knowledge of categories of Class B foam.
- Student will describe how foam proportioner equipment works with foam concentrate to produce foam.
- Student will be able to describe how foam is applied to flammable liquids.