FA101 Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator - Week 1
This is the first course in a three-part series designed to instruct the student in the basic theory and operating principles of fire service pumping apparatus meeting selected requirements of NFPA 1002: Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications. Key areas of the course include skill and practical exercises involving, type of apparatus and fire pumps, apparatus inspection and maintenance, fire hose nozzles and flow rates, and pressure calculations.
- $133 per student on campus
- $1,750 flat rate off campus
Basic Firefighting AND FF I Live Burn
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- IFSTA Pumping and Aerial Apparatus / Driver Operator 3rd Edition textbook only
- Students will have a working knowledge of the principles of friction loss in fire hose and appliances.
- Students will have a thorough knowledge of all applicable NFPA standards that pertain to fire apparatus and driver operator qualifications.
- Students will satisfactorily complete the NFPA hands on driving course.