FA113 - Aerial Driver/Operator
Upon successful completion of this course, the student shall demonstrate an understanding of how to effectively operate an Aerial Fire Apparatus at a fire or emergency scene. Major topics covered in the course include an Introduction to Aerial Fire Apparatus, Positioning Aerial Apparatus, Stabilizing Aerial Apparatus, Operating Aerial Apparatus, and Aerial Apparatus Strategy & Tactics.
- $133 per student on campus
- $3,000 flat rate off campus
In order to be eligible for TN Commission on FF Testing for Certification at the end of our program, students will need to bring with them to class the following completed TCOFF AADO skills: AADO-2, AADO-3, AADO-4, AADO-5, AADO-6, and AADO -11. If these are not completed, students will not be eligible to test at the end of our program. We will not be completing these skills within the new one-week format.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- IFSTA Pumping and Aerial Apparatus / Driver Operator 3rd Edition textbook only
- Students will be able to describe skills and physical abilities needed by aerial apparatus operator.
- Students will have a working knowledge of basic causes of apparatus collisions.
- Students will be able to identify tactical considerations that affect positioning of an aerial apparatus.