FF228 - Emergency Vehicle Driving Simulation
Emergency response driver training simulators (ERDTS) create real-world experiences that enable drivers to hone their skills within a variety of challenging situations. Drivers can learn a wide range of tasks, from basic vehicle operations to more advanced scenario-based tactical training, for many different vehicle types. This training enables the student to experience real-world situations without the logistical, legal, and moral ramifications that would automatically be attached to a mistake made on the streets. Unlike traditional driver safety courses that emphasize skills, law, and knowledge, the simulator empowers drivers to review their attitudes and find new ways to break old habits.
- $500 flat rate off campus
Must be 18 years of age. Must be a member of an Emergency services branch.
Exceeds Vanessa K Free Law for State of TN
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Regular station duty wear clothing
- Students will be able to describe the effects of vehicle control during a liquid surge on the roadway.
- Students will be able to discuss proper shifting and gear patterns of a fire apparatus.
- Students will be able to describe how to drive a fire apparatus safely through a one through intersection.