CR217-00 2018 IRC Alterations, Renovations & Additions (3)
This course familiarizes the student with the code requirements applicable to alterations, renovations, and additions in the 2018 International Residential Code and other tested methods used in various jurisdictions in addressing non-typical structures and related scenarios. Students will be led through the provisions of the Code that govern the alteration, repair, addition, and change of occupancy related to existing buildings and structures, and coached on various allowances and solutions which can be offered to existing and historical building owners.
- Please contact TFACA for pricing information.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- International Existing Building Code (2018 ed.)
- To understand the general provisions of the 2018 International Residential Code.
- To understand requirements for alterations, repair, and additions to existing structures.
- To understand requirements for alterations, repair, and additions to historic buildings.
- To understand alternative solutions where the code is silent.