CR214-01 Introduction to the IRC/IBC Seismic Provisions (7)
This course explains the basic seismic concepts in the IRC and IBC necessary for the inspection of buildings and structures in all regions, but particularly in higher-risk seismic zones. Topics include inspection, plan review, relevant engineering and physics principles, seismic zones, planning, applicability, irregular buildings, design categories, building and structural elements, relevant agencies, and much more.
- Please contact TFACA for pricing information.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- International Residential Code (2012 ed.)
- International Commercial Code (2012 ed.)
- To understand the different seismic design categories
- To understand relevant engineering principles
- To understand relevant physics principles
- To understand building movement from seismic activity
- To understand how to inspect new and existing construction for seismic code compliance