CR213-01 '16 State of Tiny Houses in Tennessee (3)
This course examines the growing trend of structures used for residential purposes described as tiny homes, tiny houses, ready removables, and an increasing number of different types of small and/or portable residential structures which are not compliant with existing codes. Additional time will be given to the latest State and local efforts and requirements used to prevent or regulate the manufacture, use, and installation of these structures.
- Please contact TFACA for pricing information.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- International Residential Code (2012 ed.)
- To understand “tiny” residential structure types
- To understand existing residential codes preventing these structures
- To understand State and local efforts used to manage the issue
- To understand proposed solutions being discussed and proposed
- To give students a forum in which they can both be informed and inform others on this subject.