TDMHSAS Wins Three State Information Technology AwardsRecognition for project, program, and personal excellence
NASHVILLE—The Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS) received three of the six annual awards given by the Information Technology Professionals Association at its 2018 ceremony. The awards honored a statewide project, an update to an innovative contracting tool, and an individual whose contributions are unmatched.
TDMHSAS was recognized as the winner in the following categories:
- IT and Business Collaboration – The TDMHSAS team including dozens of employees at the four Regional Mental Health Institutes was honored for successfully implementing Electronic Clinical Records at the hospitals.
- Improving State Operations – The department’s latest release of its in-house developed Budget, Contracts, and Monitoring System was honored for integrating several complex interfaces.
- Individual Excellence – Gina Young, Application Architect
“We have a wonderful team of information technology professionals who support the department’s work, and I’m proud to see their work honored,” said Marie Williams, TDMHSAS Commissioner. “The incredible collaboration that it took to pull off the Electronic Clinical Record project is truly amazing. From our IT staff to our physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and social workers across all four hospitals, they really came together to bring the vision of a customer-focused record system to life.”
“Gina Young is an outstanding application architect. Her extensive experience and knowledge about database and application design, combined with her sharp analysis and critical thinking skills, make her a great asset to the entire IT team and the department,” said Richard Zhu, Executive IT Director, state of TN Strategic Technology Solutions.
In addition the three overall wins, the TDMHSAS team was also honored with the following recognitions:
- Electronic Clinical Records: 2nd place Innovation Award, 3rd place Citizen Impact Award, 3rd place Improving State Operations Award
- Gina Young: 2nd place Improving State Operations Award
- Chris Loftis: 2nd place Individual Excellence Award
The ITPA is a statewide organization with membership open to all IT professionals working for the State of Tennessee.