Skip to Main Content

Find COVID-19 Information and Resources
COVID-19 Campus & Financial Aid Information

DPSA Links and Forms

Filing and Fee Payment Instructions:

All applications, forms, notices, requests, and supporting documentation must be submitted to the
Division of Postsecondary State Authorization (DPSA) according to the following instructions. Failure to
file an application, form, notice, or request as instructed could result in delayed processing.

Fee Payments
            DPSA cannot accept electronic payments; therefore, any required fee in the form of business
            check, money order, or cashier’s check (no personal checks will be accepted), made payable to
            the State of Tennessee, must be mailed using the below address.

            Attn: Stephanie Bellard Chase
            Tennessee Higher Education Commission 
            9th Floor, Tennessee Tower
            312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue 
            Nashville, TN 37243-1102

Applications for Initial Authorization, Reauthorization, Optional Expedited Authorization or New Programs
            These must be submitted though the TN Cloud account provided to your institution in the email
            communication that includes your application and prepopulated materials. If you did not receive an 
            email, you can request the TN Cloud link and instructions from Please 
            include your Institution Name and DPSA Institution Code if you have been assigned a Code.

All Other Applications, Forms, Notices, and Requests 
            These documents must be emailed to  
                        1. The email subject line must include the title of the filing and the Institution Name and
                            Code, for example, “School Personnel Application - ABC University - Code 1234.”  
                        2. All documents must be scanned in PDF format except Excel files should remain in
                            Excel format.
                        3. If the application requires a notarized document, the notarized document must be
                            scanned in color or completed using an online notary. See the Tennessee Secretary of
                            State's Website for more information on this service.
                        4. If you are unable to submit the document(s) via email for technical reasons, for
                            example the size of the document, you should contact Michael Barcroft at
                   to receive instruction for submitting your materials.

All applications, forms, notices, requests, and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Division of Postsecondary State Authorization (DPSA) as explained HERE.

 •  Rule Chapter 1540-01-10 Optional Expedited Authorization (OEA) Institutions 

           •  Change of Ownership Application

           •  Optional Expedited Authorization (OEA) Application

           •  Comprehensive Program List

                     •  Instructions for the Comprehensive Program List (PDF File) 

                     •  Blank Comprehensive Program List (Excel file)  
                        (For use only by institutions seeking Tennessee authorization for the first time)

           •  New Program Notification Form (Excel file) 

                     •  Instructions for the New Program Notification Form (PDF file)

           •  Individual Student Statistical Data

                     •  Instructions for Individuals Student Statistical Data (PDF File)  (Currently Revising)

                     •  Blank Student Level Statistical Data Form (Excel file)  (Currently Revising)

 •  Rule Chapter 1540-01-02 Institutions (Not OEA)

           •  Initial Authorization Application

                     •  Pro Forma Financial Spreadsheets

                     •  Pro Forma Financial Spreadsheets Instructions

           •  New Program Application 

           •  School Personnel Application (Use ONLY for Institutional Director. Per waiver dated 10-6-20,
              applications are not required for other school personnel. Institutions must maintain evidence
              of instructor and administrative personnel qualifications on-site at the institution.)

           •  Change of Ownership Application

           •  Change of Institutional Location Application

           •  Change of Name Application

           •  Agent Permit Application

           •  Surety Bond for Agents of Out-Of-State Postsecondary Institutions Form

           •  Surety Bond for Postsecondary Educational Institutions

Exemption Requests

           •  Information Request Form (Applies to T.C.A. §49-7-2004(a)(6) Exemption Requests) 

           •  Exemption Determination Request

Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF)

           •  Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF) Claim Application  (Currently Revising)

           •  Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF) Information Release Authorization  (Currently Revising)

Under Construction