DPSA Links and Form
Governor Lee signed 2022 Tenn. Pub. Ch. 1044 on May 11, 2022. The Act took effect July 1, 2022, and refines how Tennessee regulates postsecondary educational institutions as defined in Title 49, Chapter 7, Part 20. The Act dissolved the Committee on Postsecondary Educational Institutions.
All applications, forms, notices, requests, and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Division of Postsecondary State Authorization (DPSA) as explained HERE.
• Rule Chapter 1540-01-10 Optional Expedited Authorization (OEA) Institutions
• New Program Notification Form (Excel file)
• Rule Chapter 1540-01-02 Regularly Authorized (RA) Institutions
• Initial Authorization Application ( Please note, DPSA will not be accepting Initial Authorization (IA) Applications after September 30, 2023. For additional information go to the Application Review and Training webpage.
• Rule Chapter 1540-01-02-.05 Exemptions
• Exemption Determination Request (This form is currently being revised.) Contact Marcie Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a virtual meeting to discuss exemptions.
• Rule Chapter 1710-01-02 Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF)