DPSA Links and Forms
Filing and Fee Payment Instructions:
All applications, forms, notices, requests, and supporting documentation must be submitted to the
Division of Postsecondary State Authorization (DPSA) according to the following instructions. Failure to
file an application, form, notice, or request as instructed could result in delayed processing.
DPSA cannot accept electronic payments; therefore, any required fee in the form of business
check, money order, or cashier’s check (no personal checks will be accepted), made payable to
the State of Tennessee, must be mailed using the below address.
Attn: Stephanie Bellard Chase
Tennessee Higher Education Commission
9th Floor, Tennessee Tower
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue
Nashville, TN 37243-1102
Applications for Initial Authorization, Reauthorization, Optional Expedited Authorization or New Programs
These must be submitted though the TN Cloud account provided to your institution in the email
communication that includes your application and prepopulated materials. If you did not receive an
email, you can request the TN Cloud link and instructions from Michael.Barcroft@tn.gov. Please
include your Institution Name and DPSA Institution Code if you have been assigned a Code.
All Other Applications, Forms, Notices, and Requests
These documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The email subject line must include the title of the filing and the Institution Name and
Code, for example, “School Personnel Application - ABC University - Code 1234.”
2. All documents must be scanned in PDF format except Excel files should remain in
3. If the application requires a notarized document, the notarized document must be
scanned in color or completed using an online notary. See the Tennessee Secretary of
State's Website for more information on this service.
4. If you are unable to submit the document(s) via email for technical reasons, for
example the size of the document, you should contact Michael Barcroft at
Michael.Barcroft@tn.gov to receive instruction for submitting your materials.
All applications, forms, notices, requests, and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Division of Postsecondary State Authorization (DPSA) as explained HERE.
• Rule Chapter 1540-01-10 Optional Expedited Authorization (OEA) Institutions
• Comprehensive Program List
• Blank Comprehensive Program List (Excel file)
(For use only by institutions seeking Tennessee authorization for the first time)
• New Program Notification Form (Excel file)
• Instructions for the New Program Notification Form (PDF file)
• Individual Student Statistical Data
• Instructions for Individuals Student Statistical Data (PDF File) (Currently Revising)
• Blank Student Level Statistical Data Form (Excel file) (Currently Revising)
• Rule Chapter 1540-01-02 Institutions (Not OEA)
• School Personnel Application (Use ONLY for Institutional Director. Per waiver dated 10-6-20,
applications are not required for other school personnel. Institutions must maintain evidence
of instructor and administrative personnel qualifications on-site at the institution.)
• Change of Ownership Application
• Information Request Form (Applies to T.C.A. §49-7-2004(a)(6) Exemption Requests)
Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF)
• Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF) Claim Application (Currently Revising)
• Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF) Information Release Authorization (Currently Revising)