DPSA Links and Forms
Filing and Fee Payment Instructions:
All applications, forms, notices, requests, and supporting documentation must be submitted to the
Division of Postsecondary State Authorization (DPSA) according to the following instructions. Failure to
file an application, form, notice, or request as instructed could result in delayed processing.
DPSA is pleased to announce that you now have the option to pay fees by credit card or debit card.
To do so, you will need to create an invoice at Create Invoice and Payment Receipt and complete
the payment process. DPSA encourages you to pay using this online method as DPSA's access to
mailed payments is limited due to COVID-19. There is a small convenience charge applied to the
total fee payment; however, the convenience charge is not paid to DPSA. Rather, it is paid to the
third-party processor, and the amount of the convenience charge will be disclosed to you prior to
If you are unable to pay using a credit card or debit card, please send an email to email@example.com
and include in the subject line the full name of your institution and, if applicable, the institution code.
Paying online through Create Invoice and Payment Receipt does not affect how you will file your
application, form, notice or request. Instructions for filing your application, form, notice or request are
Applications for Initial Authorization, Reauthorization, Optional Expedited Authorization or New Programs
These must be submitted though the TN Cloud account provided to your institution in the email
communication that includes your application and prepopulated materials. If you did not receive an
email, you can request the TN Cloud link and instructions from Marcie.Mills@tn.gov. Please
include your Institution Name and DPSA Institution Code if you have been assigned a Code.
All Other Applications, Forms, Notices, and Requests
These documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The email subject line must include the title of the filing and the Institution Name and
Code, for example, “School Personnel Application - ABC University - Code 1234.”
2. All documents must be scanned in PDF format except Excel files should remain in
3. If the application requires a notarized document, the notarized document must be
scanned in color or completed using an online notary. See the Tennessee Secretary of
State's Website for more information on this service.
4. If you are unable to submit the document(s) via email for technical reasons, for
example the size of the document, you should contact Marcie Mills at
Marcie.Mills@tn.gov to receive instruction for submitting your materials.
All applications, forms, notices, requests, and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Division of Postsecondary State Authorization (DPSA) as explained HERE.
• Rule Chapter 1540-01-10 Optional Expedited Authorization (OEA) Institutions
• New Program Notification Form (Excel file)
• Individual Student Statistical Data
• Instructions for Individual Student Statistical Data (PDF File) (Currently Revising)
• Blank Student Level Statistical Data Form (Excel file) (Currently Revising)
• Rule Chapter 1540-01-02 Institutions (Not OEA)
• School Personnel Application (Use ONLY for Institutional Director. Per waiver dated 10-6-20,
applications are not required for other school personnel. Institutions must maintain evidence
of instructor and administrative personnel qualifications on-site at the institution.)
• Change of Ownership Application
• Rule Chapter 1540-01-02-.05 Exemptions
• Information Request Form (Applies to T.C.A. §49-7-2004(a)(6) Exemption Requests)
• Rule Chapter 1710-01-02 Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF)
• Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF) Claim Application (Currently Revising)
• Tuition Guaranty Fund (TGF) Information Release Authorization (Currently Revising)
- Notice of Rulemaking Hearing Format Change
- Notice of Rulemaking Hearing
- Notice of Rule 1540-01-02-.07 Waiver Related to Program Revisions and School Personnel Applications
- Notice of Rules 1540-01-02-.07(3)(b)7 and 1540-01-10-.03(1)(c)11 Waiver Relevant to the Collection of Student Level Statistical Data (SLSD)