Flash Report #20 - Flooding
- FEMA Registration
- MARC Hours & Locations
- U.S. Small Business Administration Help
- Middle Tennessee Flood Recovery
FEDERAL DISASTER ASSISTANCE
Impacted individuals in Dickson, Hickman, Houston, and Humphreys counties can apply for FEMA's Individual Assistance (IA) program.
If you have a homeowner’s policy, file your insurance claim immediately before applying for disaster assistance. Get the process started quickly. The faster you file, the faster your recovery can begin. Take photos and videos of all damage before you start cleaning up.
- To apply for assistance, visit DisasterAssistance.gov or call 800-621-3362 (800-462-7585 TTY), multilingual operators are available, press 2 for Spanish. The toll-free numbers are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT, seven days a week.
- You will need the following when you apply:
- Social Security number;
- Daytime telephone number;
- Current mailing address and address and zip code of the damaged property; and
- Insurance information, if available.
MULTI-AGENCY RESOURCE CENTERS
MARCs are now open for those who would like to speak in person about disaster assistance. Representatives from local, state, and federal agencies will be available to discuss programs and assistance with flood survivors. Locations are open in Dickson, Hickman, and Humphreys counties:
- Dickson County
225 Henslee Dr, Dickson, TN
Mon. to Sat., 9 a.m. to 7 pm.; Sun., 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Hickman County
Nunnelly Community Center
1400 Hwy 230 W, Nunnelly, TN
Everyday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Humphreys County
Cumberland Presbyterian Church
109 North Church St, Waverly, TN
Mon. to Sat., 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sun., 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Tennessee Department of Veterans Services is operating at the Dickson County MARC and is providing information on the services available to help veterans and their families.
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The SBA is currently operating two Business Recovery Centers to support all businesses with one-on-one assistance in submitting disaster loan applications.
Dickson County Humphreys County
Chamber of Commerce Waverly City Hall
205 S. Main St. 101 E. Main St.
Dickson, TN 37055 Waverly, TN 37185
Hours: Mon. to Fri., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours: Mon. to Fri., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed: Sat. and Sun. Closed: Sat. and Sun.
DONATIONS & VOLUNTEERS
- American Red Cross - https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation.html/
- The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee - https://www.cfmt.org/
- Nashville Community Resource Center - https://crcnashville.org/
- Salvation Army - https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/
- Individuals and organizations who want to volunteer should call (931) 888-8011 or (931) 888-8012, or go to the Dollar Tree, 505 W. Main St., in Waverly where many response agencies are located.
- Volunteers can also connect with Tennessee Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster through TNVOAD’s website or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Memphis: Afternoon thunderstorm and a high of 87.
- Jackson: Afternoon thunderstorm and a high of 86.
- Nashville: Sun and some clouds with a high of 81.
- Knoxville: Cloudy and humid with a high of 80.
- Chattanooga: Mostly cloudy and a high of 85.
- Johnson City: Rain and a high of 73.