TDOT Lane Closure Report for Middle Tennessee, April 22-28, 2021
To subscribe to the TDOT-REGION-3-LANE-CLOSURES list, send an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.TN.GOV and type subscribe TDOT-REGION-3-LANE-CLOSURES in the message body.
o I-65 northbound traffic will be routed on I-440 to on I-40 (downtown interstate loop).
o Wedgewood Avenue under the I-65 bridge will be closed.
§ Eastbound traffic on Wedgewood will be able to access the I-65 southbound on-ramp.
§ Westbound traffic on Wedgewood will be able to access the I-65 northbound on-ramp.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The repair of bridges on I-40 over Stones River and on SR 171 over Stones River
· Daily, 8:30AM-3PM, There will be temporary, intermittent lane closures on the SR 171 (Hobson Pike) bridge over the Stones River for partial depth deck repair.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Ramp Improvements on I-65 NB at Harding Place
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be lane closures on I-65 NB (MM 78) just before the Harding Place ramp to install new full depth pavement widening.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Construction of Pedestrian Facilities on U.S. 70S (SR 1) from SR 251 (Old Hickory Boulevard) (LM 7.85) to Erin Lane (LM 8.30)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for construction work.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on Ellington Parkway (SR 6) from East Trinity Lane to Broadmoor Drive
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be lane closures on Ellington Parkway from East Trinity Lane to Broadmoor Drive for milling and paving.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Widening SR 112 (Clarksville Highway) from SR 155 to SR 12
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures for construction activities.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on SR 24 (Charlotte Pike) from US 70 S (SR 1) to SR 251 (Old Hickory Blvd)
· Nightly, 7AM-4PM, There will be lane closures for resurfacing activities.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on US 431 (Hillsboro Road)
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be temporary lane closures on Hillsboro Pike from Harding Place to Forest Place Circle for milling and paving.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The resurfacing on US 431 (SR 65) from south of Seymor Hollow Road to south of Eatons Creek Road
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary, intermittent lane closures on SR 65 (Whites Creek Pike) from just south of Seymore Hollow Rd to Eatons Creek Rd for milling and paving.
DAVIDSON and RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24 SMART Corridor
· Nightly 8PM-5AM, There will be intermittent lane closures on I-24 between MM 55-80 for construction activities.
· Sunday, April 25 through Thursday, April 29, There will be a continuous lane closure on I-40 westbound to repair joints on the Buffalo River Bridge (MM 140-142).
· Look Ahead – Sunday, May 2 through Thursday, May 6, There will be a continuous lane closure on I-40 eastbound to repair joints on the Buffalo River Bridge (MM 140-142).
MAURY COUNTY, Resurfacing on SR 396 from US 31 to I-65
· Daily, 8:30AM-3:30PM, There will be lane closures for resurfacing operations on SR 396 from MM 0-4.
MAURY COUNTY, On-Call Concrete Repair on SR 396
· Friday, April 23 at 8PM through Monday, April 26 at 5AM, The ramp from Kedron Road to SR 396 will be closed to replace concrete.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Widening on SR 149 and SR 13/48
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be intermittent road closures for blasting activities on SR 13 and 149 near the Cumberland River.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Widening SR 266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR 102 (Nissan Drive) to I-840
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures for construction activities and rolling roadblocks for blasting operations.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, On-Call Concrete Repair
· Friday, April 23 at 8PM through Monday, April 25 at 5AM, The ramp from I-24 westbound to I-840 eastbound will be closed for concrete replacement.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Resurfacing on I-840 including Concrete Repair (MM 45-53)
· Friday, April 23 at 7PM through Monday, April 26 at 5AM, There will be a lane and ramp closure on I-840 westbound at the SR 102 interchange (exit 47) for concrete replacement.
SMITH COUNTY, SR 25 Rockfall Mitigation
· From now through September 2021, SR 25 north of the SR 80 intersection is reduced to one lane for a rockfall mitigation project.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Intersection Improvements at SR 106 and Murray Lane
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure for final pavement marking, mill and inlay, and cleanup.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on US 31 (SR 6) from Hillview Lane to Country Road
· Daily, 8:30AM-3PM and Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure for resurfacing work.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Bridge Repairs on SR 247 (Duplex Rd) over I-65
· Saturday, April 17 and Sunday, April 18, 8AM-3PM, There will be lane closures to drive piling and install precast parapet rail.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Construction of Mack Hatcher NW Quadrant
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on SR 96 between Front Street and Boyd Mill Ave for road widening activities.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Widening SR 96 Between Arno Road and SR 252 (Wilson Pike)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on SR 96 for clearing and construction activities.
WILSON COUNTY, Bridge widening on SR 171 over I-40
· Sunday, April 25, 8PM-5AM, I-40 in both directions will have intermittent lane closures for asphalt paving at MM 225-226.
WILSON COUNTY, The repair of the bridge over Jug Creek on SR 266
· Through June 2021, The roadway is reduced to one lane for bridge repair.
>>> MAINTENANCE & UTILITIES
· Saturday, April 24, 6AM-12PM, There will be intermittent lane closures on I-40 between MM 183-189 for slope mowing.
· Thursday, April 22, 8PM-5AM, There will be lane closures on I-40 westbound at MM 199-204 for milling and paving.
· Friday, April 23, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure at the I-24/I-40 eastbound junction for bridge repair (MM 212.9)
· Sunday, April 25, 6AM-8AM, Meriwether Lewis Electric will having rolling roadblocks on I-40 at MM 146.
· Thursday, April 22, 8AM-8PM, SR 166 will be closed at MM 7.9 for culvert replacement.
· Sunday, April 25, 6AM-8AM, United Communications will have rolling roadblocks at I-840 at MM 46.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.