TDOT Weekly Construction Report for Middle Tennessee, April 11-17, 2019
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Interstate 440 Reconstruction
· From now through August 2020, I-440 will be restricted to two travel lanes in each direction from 5AM-9PM and one travel lane in each direction from 9PM-5AM.
· Tuesday, April 16 through Thursday, April 18, 9PM-5AM, There will be intermittent ramp closures at the I-65/I-440 interchange.
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a right lane closure on SR 6 (Franklin Pike southbound) at LM 5.5 for bridge work. There will be lane closures on SR 106 (Hillsboro Rd) at LM 6.5 for electrical work).
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on I-40 from west of Church Street to east of Arlington Avenue
· Nightly (excluding weekends), 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating nightly lane closures on I-40 from in both from MM 209-213 directions for milling.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Safety improvements on I-24 at OHB (exit 62) and interchange modification at Hickory Hollow Parkway (exit 60)
· Friday, April 12 at 8PM through Monday, April 15 at 5AM, There will be intermittent lane closures of the outside lanes of I-24 eastbound at Old Hickory Blvd (MM 62) and intermittent closures of the I-24 eastbound off-ramp at Old Hickory Blvd, weather permitting.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, SR 1 Grading, Drainage, Signals, and Paving from Vultee Boulevard to Jupiter Drive
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a possible lane closure for utility and drainage work on SR 1 northbound and a lane closure southbound for paving work.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Bridge Replacement on Hillwood Blvd
· From now through July 2019, Hillwood Blvd. will be closed from SR 1 (Harding Pike) to Post Road for bridge replacement. A signed detour will be in place.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Intersection Improvements on SR 11 (Nolensville Pike) at Welshwood Drive and Resurfacing from Swiss Drive to Elysian Fields Rd
· Nightly (excluding Saturdays), 8PM-5AM, There will be a nightly lane closure on Nolensville Road in both directions from Swiss Drive to Elysian Fields Road, south of Harding Place, for milling.
MAURY COUNTY, New Interchange Construction at SR 166 and US 43 (SR 6/Lawrenceburg Hwy), including a concrete bulb-tee beam bridge in Mount Pleasant
· Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures for blasting activities from 9AM-3:30PM.
MAURY COUNTY, Widening of Beechcroft Rd from Cleburn Rd to McCormick Crossing
· Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 247 for widening and utility activities.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, SR 161 Bridge Repair
· From now through spring 2019, The bridge at LM 9 will be reduced to one lane for repairs. Traffic will be controlled by a temporary signal.
ROBERTSON and SUMNER COUNTY, S.I.A. Serving Project "Deepdish"
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 52 and US 31W for phase 1 construction activities. One lane will remain open.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24 Resurfacing from Davidson County Line to near Rocky Ford Road
· Friday, April 12 at 8PM through Monday, April 15 at 5AM, The I-24 westbound ramp to Sam Ridley Pkwy will be closed to perform ramp repairs.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, SR 16 over Kelly Creek Bridge Repair
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR-16.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on I-840 from near Campbell road (L.M. 26.00) to west of the bridge over the Harpeth River (L.M. 33.05), including bridge deck repair
· Thursday, April 11, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure for chaining of bridges. One lane to remain open.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Bridge repair on SR 441 (Moore's Lane) over I-65 (L.M. 1.52)
· From now through Friday, April 12 at 5AM, There will be a lane closure on I-65 in both directions for bridge repairs in the median at the Moores Lane intersection (MM 68).
· Friday, April 12 at 8PM through Monday, April 15 at 5AM, There will be a lane closure on I-65 in both directions for bridge repairs in the outside lanes at the Moores Lane interchange (MM 68).
· Monday, April 15 through Wednesday, April 17, 8PM-5AM, There will be nightly lane closures at the Moores Lane interchange for concrete patching and texture coating.
· Thursday, April 11 through Wednesday, April 17, There will be an auxiliary lane closure on the Moores Lane northbound on-ramp and southbound off-ramp for bridge repairs.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Grading, drainage, and paving on SR 11 at the intersection of SR 96 in Triune
· Daily, 8AM-4PM, There will be a lane closure on SR11 NB and SR96 WB for utility crossing.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, The grading, drainage, construction of bridges, retaining walls, and paving on SR 397 (Mack Hatcher Pkwy) from south of SR 96 to east of US 431 (SR 106)
· Starting Thursday, April 11, through 2021 (project completion), Old Charlotte Pike will be closed for the duration of the project for the alignment of the new Mack Hatcher Parkway.
WILSON COUNTY, Widening on SR 141 from South of Spring Creek to North of Lovers Lane
· Daily, 6AM-6PM, There will be a temporary lane closure on SR 141 for construction activities. One lane will remain open in each direction.
WILSON COUNTY, SR 109 Widening from US 70 to the Cumberland River
· Daily 9AM-3:30PM, There will be periodic flagging operations along 109 for construction activities.
WILSON COUNTY, Bridge Repair on SR 26 over Sinking Creek
· Through fall 2019, SR 26 will be down to one 10' lane in each direction on the bridge over Sinking Creek. One lane will be open in each direction.
>>> MAINTENANCE & UTILITIES
· Daily (excluding weekends) 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on Whites Creek Pike (SR 65) between Moorman's Arm Rd. and Pierpoint Dr. for box culvert installation and replacement of driveway crossings.
· Thursday, April 11, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure on I-40 westbound at MM 203 for milling and paving.
· Nightly, 6PM-5AM (excluding weekends), There will be a lane closure on I-65 northbound for milling and paving operation at MM 33.
· Thursday, April 18, 9:30am through 3pm, There will be a lane closure on I-40 westbound over the Caney Fork River (MM 263) for deck survey.
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures on SR 386 at Green Lea Blvd.
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a turn lane closure on eastbound SR 31 near Browns Ln. for blasting for utility locations for new Subaru dealership.
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, SR 109 turn lanes to Clearlake subdivision will be closed for repairs.
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on SR 109, between Callis Road and I-40, for rock blasting/excavation. Additionally, traffic will be reduced to one lane in both directions at the intersection of SR 109 and Callis Road for construction of turn lane and crossover.
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, SR 10 will be reduced to one lane for gas line installation from Vesta Road to Flat Woods Road.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.