Bridge deck repairs to affect I-40 traffic in Knox CountyWork will take place over the next few weekends, starting Friday night, March 2nd
KNOXVILLE – Motorists traveling in Knox County should be aware of upcoming bridge deck repairs that will affect traffic in west Knoxville over the next few weekends.
Beginning on Friday night, March 2nd, I-40 East and I-40 West will be reduced to two lanes from the West Hills exit (Mile Marker 380) to just east of the I-640 Interchange (Mile Marker 385).
These bridge repairs are taking place in advance of paving operations that will occur later this year.
The schedule for this bridge repair work is as follows:
• Friday, March 2nd at 8 p.m. – Monday, March 5th at 6 a.m.
• Friday, March 9th at 8 p.m. – Monday, March 12th at 6 a.m.
• Friday, March 16th at 8 p.m. – Monday, March 19th at 6 a.m.
• Friday, March 23rd at 8 p.m. – Monday, March 26th at 6 a.m.
• Friday, April 6th at 8 p.m. – Monday, April 9th at 6 a.m. (if necessary)
• Friday, April 13th at 8 p.m. – Monday, April 16th at 6 a.m. (if necessary)
Work will not take place from March 30th-April 2nd (Easter weekend). This schedule is contingent on favorable weather conditions.
Motorists are advised to use extreme caution in this area as workers will be present.
Delays are likely while these bridge repairs are taking place, and motorists may want to consider alternate routes.
The TDOT SmartWay system will provide real-time information on traffic conditions.