Middle Tennessee Construction Lane Closures, February 1-7, 2018
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing On I-24 From SR 6 To The I-40 Westbound Ramps & Bridge Rehab On I-24 Over Spring St. & Oldham St.
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions to install rebar and perform casting adjustments for the medians/parapets at Oldham Street and Spring Street bridges. One lane will remain open in each direction. There will also be alternating lane closures on Spring St. for rubbing of bents and pouring slope pavement.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The Improvement Of The Intersection On SR 1 (US 70S) At McCrory Lane & The CSX Railroad (L.M. 0.99)
· Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3:30PM, There will be alternating lane closures on US 70 for grading and storm drainage.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, Signals, & Paving on US 41 From Vultee Blvd. To Jupiter Drive (L.M. 22.50-22.96)
· Daily, 7AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for widening of the median on Murfreesboro Pike (southbound). At least one lane will remain open.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Random on-call signing
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be right lane closures on I-440 in both directions to replace signage at LM 5.56 eastbound and LM 7.09 westbound.
DICKSON/WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Construction On I-40 Eastbound Near (M.M. 180) For A Truck Climbing Lane
· From now through Saturday, February 3, 8PM-6AM, There will be a temporary lane closure on I-40 EB in order to adjust barrier rail.
HUMPHREYS/BENTON COUNTY, Construction on I-40 Westbound Near (M.M. 135) For A Truck Climbing Lane
· Saturday, February 3, 6AM, through Sunday, February 4, 7PM, The contractor will be closing a lane of traffic at the Tennessee River bridge. Drivers should expect delays.
MAURY COUNTY, Construction of a new interchange including a concrete bulb-tee beam bridge and paving on SR-166 at US 43 (SR 6) in Mount Pleasant
· The intersection of SR-166 and SR-6 (US-43) will be closed to all left turning vehicular traffic and all through traffic from SR-166 crossing HWY-43 until further notice. Drivers are asked to follow detour signs to get back onto SR-166.
· Daily (excluding weekends), 7AM-3PM, There will be lane closures in both directions on US-43 for blasting operations.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The repair of the bridge on U.S. 41A(S.R.16) over the Harpeth River (L.M. 1.71)
· Daily, 8AM-3PM, Traffic will be shifted from phase 1 to phase 2. Traffic will be swapped under a flagging operation.
SMITH COUNTY, Rockfall Mitigation on SR 25 (L.M. 8.5)
· Saturday, February 3, 6AM-7PM, SR 25 will be closed for utility work. Detour routes will be in place. This work is weather dependent.
SUMNER COUNTY, Paving on I-65 Southbound On-Ramp at Millersville Exit
· Monday, February 5, 9AM-3PM, The on-ramp to I-65 southbound from 31W (Millersville, exit 98) will be closed for paving. Drivers can access I-65 southbound via Long Hollow Pike (exit 97). Message boards are in place to warn drivers of the upcoming closure.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction Of Retaining Walls On SR 109 From Odom's Bend To The SR 109 Bypass Of South of Gallatin (L.M. 0.5 - 1.65)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 in both directions for blasting operations. One lane will remain open.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, & Paving Work On SR 6 (Franklin Road) From South Of Moores Lane (L.M. 15.93) To Concord Road (L.M. 18.53)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, here will be alternating temporary lane closures and/or intermittent stoppages for less than 15 minutes for blasting between the hours of 10AM and 2PM on SR 6 in both directions. There will also be flagging operations from 9AM-3PM.
Maintenance & Utilities
Sunday, February 4, 6AM-8AM, Comcast will have a rolling roadblock on Briley Parkway at Brick Church Pike to overlash fiber.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.