Middle Tennessee Weekly Construction Lane Closures, December 14-20, 2017
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing On I-24 From SR 6 To The I-40 Westbound Ramps & Bridge Rehab On I-24 Over Spring St. & Oldham St.
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on Spring Street for rubbing of bents. One lane will remain open. There will also be lane closures on I-24 eastbound for work on the overhangs and medians. One lane will remain open.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The Grading, Drainage, & Paving On I-40 Eastbound At The I-440 Interchange
· Monday, December 18 and Tuesday, December 19, 8PM-6AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-40 in both directions for pavement markings (interstate shields). Two lanes will remain open in each direction.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The Improvement Of The Intersection On SR 1 (US 70S) At McCrory Lane & The CSX Railroad (L.M. 0.99)
· Daily (excluding weekends) 9AM-3:30PM, There will be alternating lane closures on US 70 for grading and storm drainage.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, Signals, & Paving on SR 41 From Vultee Blvd. To Jupiter Drive (L.M. 22.50-22.96)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for widening of the median on Murfreesboro Pike. At least one lane will remain open.
DICKSON/WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Construction On I-40 Eastbound Near (M.M. 180) For A Truck Climbing Lane
· Nightly, 8PM-6AM, There will be a temporary lane closures on I-40 eastbound from MM 179-183 in order to set barrier rail.
MAURY COUNTY, The Construction Of A New Interchange On SR 166 (1st Avenue) At SR 6 (Lawrenceburg Highway) In Mount Pleasant (L.M. 8-9)
· Daily (excluding Sundays) 7AM-3PM, There will be lane closure on SR 6 (Lawrenceburg Highway) for asphalt paving & blasting operations.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, Intersection Improvements At The SR 49 & York Road Intersection (L.M. 0.00-1.51)
· Wednesday, December 13 through Friday, December 15, 8:30AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 49 for paving operations.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Construction of Turning Lanes on SR 96 at the I-24 Westbound Exit Ramp (Exit 78-B) (L.M. 9.52 – L.M. 9.68)
· Weekdays, 9AM-3:30PM, Weekends 6AM-4PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 96 in both directions between I-24 and N. Thompson Lane for milling, paving, grading and striping operations. Temporary stoppages will be needed for equipment crossings.
SMITH COUNTY, Construction Of A Truck Climbing Lane On I-40 In Smith County
· Nightly, 8PM-6AM, There will be an outside lane closure on I-40 eastbound at MM 251-253 for milling and paving of the outside shoulder for phase 1 traffic control. At least one lane will remain open.
SMITH COUNTY, Rockfall Mitigation on SR 25 (L.M. 8.5)
· From now until further notice, There will be a road closure on SR 25 for rockfall mitigation. Detour routes are in place.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, & Paving Work On SR 6 (Franklin Road) From South Of Moores Lane (L.M. 15.93) To Concord Road (L.M. 18.53)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating temporary lane closures &/or intermittent stoppages (one direction at a time) on SR 6 in both directions for the access to various sites. At least one lane will remain open at all times.
Maintenance & Utilities
Nightly, 8PM-4AM, There will be a lane closure on I-40 westbound to clean drain ditches at MM 212. At least one lane will remain open at all times.
Wednesday, December 13 and Thursday, December 14, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on the SR 386 (Vietnam Veterans Blvd.) westbound ramp to Conference Drive for milling and paving work. One lane will remain open.
Sunday, December 17, 6AM-3PM, NES will have rolling roadblocks on I-40 between Donelson Pike (Exit 216) & Stewarts Ferry Pike (Exit 219), to replace one pole, two anchors and run new strand wire over I-40.
Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on SR 2 (Manchester Pike) southbound at LM 3.4 for miscellaneous operations.
Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 174 at the intersection of Big Station Camp Road/Carrellton Drive for installation of signals and mast arms. At least one lane will remain open in each direction.
Thursday, December 14 and Friday, December 15, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on I-840 in both directions for milling and paving work at MM 19. At least one lane will remain open at all times.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.