Assessment & Stabilization Team Training Calendar
Request a TN START training for your organization
Available TN START trainings and objectives are outlined below. Trainings can be conducted virtually or in-person for all audiences. The trainings are most appropriate for those who work within or support the IDD, Mental Health, or Emergency Services systems. Customized trainings pertaining to individuals with IDD and co-occurring behavioral health needs are also available upon request.
Available trainings include:
- TN START Introduction (15 minute and 45 minute presentations available)
- Overview of the need, objectives, and structure of the program.
- Review current status of program objectives.
- Inform on how to make referrals or become a TN START partner.
- Share MHIDD Resources
- IDD, Mental Health & Crisis (90 minutes)
- Define Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Discuss IDD and co-occurring mental health disorders
- Review Crisis Risk Factors
- Review important factors for effective crisis stabilization
- Share information regarding the IDD system of care
- Share Additional IDD Resources
- Clinical Education Team Events (60 minutes)
- Occur monthly and rotate through TN START’s five regions (see training calendar)
- Brief de-identified case presentation
- Didactic training pertaining to a theme from the case
- TN START’s partners, law enforcement, mental health/crisis providers, and DIDD providers are all invited to attend CETs in their region.
- Allow for networking and communication within each region to build the capacity of the system to enhance supports for individuals with IDD and co-occurring behavioral or mental health needs.
Fill out the embedded form below or use this link to open a new tab/window.