Hospital Discharge Data System
How many appendectomies were performed in Tennessee hospitals? What was the average charge? How long was the average patient hospitalized? These questions and many other can be answered using data from the Hospital Discharge Data System or HDDS.
HDDS receives information from UB-92 (HCFA-1450) forms on all inpatient discharges and other selected patient visits from Tennessee hospitals. Each form contains information on patient diagnoses, procedures performed on the patient, charges for services provided, and selected patient demographics.
HDDS data can be used to learn about hospitalizations from hundreds of causes. Patients can be compared by sex and age. Different hospitals can be compared for usage and charges. Patterns of hospitalization can be compared in different parts of the State and among different segments of the population.
Tennessee Emergency Department Visit Reports
- Tennessee Emergency Department Visits (2013)
- Tennessee Emergency Department Visits (2012)
- Tennessee Emergency Department Visits (2011)
- Tennessee Emergency Department Visits (2010)
- Tennessee Emergency Department Visits (2009)
- Tennessee Emergency Department Visits (2008)
Data Submission Forms
- PH-3924 Transmittal Information Sheet
- PH-3925 Reporting Method Sheet
- PH-4230 Policy Contact Information Sheet
- PH-4260 Request For Extension Sheet
Hospital Discharge User Manuals
- Hospital Discharge User Manual 2018
- Hospital Discharge User Manual 2011
- Hospital Discharge User Manual 2005