|TEST NAME||Legionella species|
|DISEASE/DISORDER||Legionnaires' Disease, Pontiac Fever, Legionellosis|
|ALTERNATE NAME(S)||Legionella culture|
|ORDERING INFORMATION||TDH DLS Requisition: PH-4182 Clinical Submission Requisition|
- Lower respiratory sources such as bronchoalveolar lavage, bronchial aspirate/brushing/lavage/washing, tracheal/endotracheal secretions/aspirate, or sputum collected in a sterile container
- Fresh tissue or biopsy sources such as lung, pleura, heart valve, or pericardium collected in a sterile container
-Pure cultures from normally sterile sites on Buffered Charcoal Yeast Extract (BCYE) or equivalent media
|Specimen Storage and Preservation||
- If shipment will arrive within 48 hours of collection, ship overnight at 2-8°C with cold packs.
- Frozen specimens should be maintained at (-15)°C or lower and shipped overnight on Dry Ice.
- Ship at ambient temperature.
- Do not send refrigerated or frozen
|Specimen Acceptability and Rejection||
This Page Last Updated: April 12, 2023 at 1:04 PM