State Capitol Commission (SCC)
The State Capitol Commission (SCC) was created by the Legislature in 1986 (TCA 4-8-301) to formulate and develop a plenary master plan and program for the adaptive restoration and preservation of the State Capitol, including the building and contiguous grounds. That role was expanded in 1998 to include the Bicentennial Mall and the monuments and other permanent fixtures in the park. Consistent with the master plan, the SCC's responsibility is to establish policy controlling the furnishings, governing maintenance and use of the Capitol, and to approve all modifications and improvements.
Per resolution of the Commission, a subcommittee was established for the purpose of developing a process for evaluating the characteristics of Tennesseans who should be honored in the Capitol Complex and other processes regarding the management of the collection.
The State Capitol Commission meetings are scheduled on an as-needed basis and do not have standing meeting dates.
NOTE: Pursuant to T.C.A. § 8-44-108(c)(2), if a quorum of members is not physically present, the meeting may be conducted permitting participation of electronic or other means of communication.
State Capitol Commission Petition for Waiver Relocation of Forrest, Farragut and Gleaves Busts
To requested a printed copy, mail your request to Office of General Counsel, Tennessee Department of General Services, Tennessee Tower, 22nd Floor, 312 Rosa L. Parks Ave., Nashville, TN 37243 or email your request to State.Architect@tn.gov.
- AS A COURTESY - THE LINK TO THE TENNESSEE HISTORICAL COMMISSION
- The State Capitol Commission meetings are scheduled on an as-needed basis and do not have standing meeting dates. Upcoming meetings will be posted on the Meeting Calendartitled as "State Capitol Commission".
- State Capitol Commission Agendas will be posted prior to a meeting on the Meeting Agendapage.
- VIDEO LINK State Capitol Commission Meeting - February 20, 2020
- VIDEO LINK State Capitol Commission Meeting - July 9, 2020
- State Capitol Commission Meeting Minutes can be found on the Meeting Minutes page with tab title SCC Minutes.
- Membership Information
- Policy - for Use of Capitol and Grounds
- Procedures - for Use of Public Areas
- Policy - Regarding Future Monuments and Memorials
- Policy - Criteria for Commemorative Works