October 12, 2023
8:00 am to 4:00 am CDT
Hybrid In-person: Tennessee State Library & Archives Building. 1001 Rep. John Lewis Way N, Nashville, TN. 37219. Online: Webex
The Tennessee Human Rights Commission, in partnership with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Tennessee Department of Human Resources, present the 2023 Employment Law Seminar. The goal of the seminar is to provide attorneys, human resource professionals, employment law professionals, and others with the knowledge necessary to support the latest best practices in the workplace.
2023 ELS speakers and presentation topics include:
- Keynote: Fred Bissinger. FordHarrison, LLP. "Navigating Difficult Disability Issues in 2023 and Beyond"
- Muriel Malone Nolen. Executive Director of the Tennessee Human Rights Commission. "THRC: Where We've Been and Where We're Going"
- Edmond Sims. District Director of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Memphis Office. "EEOC Updates"
- Melanie Koewler and Andrew Puryear. TN Department of Human Resources. "Service Animals in the Workplace"
- Luther Wright Jr. Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, PC. "What's Going On? Thoughts on Current Hot Topics in Employment"
- JE "Buddy" Stockwell. Tennessee Lawyers Assistance Program. "The Professional Duty of Self Care"
Registration for the ELS closes on Tuesday, October 10. The ELS is approved for 5.5 CLE credits and 5.5 HRCI credits.
- Regular In-person admission: $150
- Regular Virtual admission: $125