On December 23, 2019, Tennessee Governor Bill Lee announced over 70 appointees to a series of key boards and commissions. “We are proud to announce the appointments of these individuals to a series of key boards and commissions across Tennessee,” said Governor Lee. “I value the experience they bring to our state and appreciate their willingness to serve.”
Commissioner Gary Behler of Chattanooga and Commissioner Annazette Houston of Knoxville were both re-appointed to serve on the Tennessee Human Rights Board of Commissioners through the end of their terms on June 30, 2025.
The Tennessee Human Rights Board of Commissioner’s accepted the annual report for fiscal year 2018-2019 for release at the September 13, 2019 Commission meeting. The full report is available here.
The report details statistical information, actions and initiatives to safeguard individuals from discrimination through education and enforcement.
The report was released to the public on October 8, 2019.
Mrs. Rosetta Miller Perry, a long-time Civil Rights activist has been named the recipient of the 2019 Tennessee Human Rights Commission’s Jocelyn D. Wurzburg Civil Rights Legacy Award.
Mrs. Miller Perry was presented with the award on July 19, 2019.
University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law Wade Auditorium 1 N Front St, Memphis, TN 38103
The University of Tennessee College of Law-Room 237 1505 W. Cumberland Ave. Knoxville, TN 37996-1800
- MSNBC National Correspondent Joy-Ann Reid Serves as Nashville MLK Day Convocation Keynote Speaker
- Nashville International Human Rights Day Celebration
- Chattanooga International Human Rights Day Celebration
- Tennessee Human Rights Commission 2019 Annual Report Released
- Robin Derryberry Elected as Chair of the Board of Commissioners
- East Tennessee Periodontics, Inc. Violates the Tennessee Human Rights Act