Assistant Attorney General – Law Enforcement and Special Prosecutions
- Representing Tennessee state agencies with law enforcement responsibilities (e.g. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security, District Attorneys General) in a variety of state and federal civil trial and appellate litigation generally involving the constitutionality of state law provisions
- Limited opportunities for prosecution of criminal cases within the original jurisdiction of the Office or upon special cross-designation by the local District Attorney General
- Some limited travel across the state is required
- Graduation from a law school with a juris doctorate degree and admission to Tennessee Bar
- At least 5 years of civil practice experience during which the candidate will have conducted or been a material participant in bench trials and/or jury trials, discovery and motion practice.
- Strong analytical, legal writing, and advocacy skills
Please submit an application package including your resume, law school transcript, at least 3 references, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the PDF:
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.