Tennessee Leaders of Tomorrow InternshipApplicant Requirements
The State of Tennessee is seeking participants who are passionate about public service and have demonstrated leadership in their community.
To be considered for an State of Tennessee internship please supply the following documents to (email address)
- Current resume
- School transcripts
- Letter of interest
- 2 letters of recommendation -- it is encouraged to find individuals who can illustrate your qualifications, character, and commitment to public service.
- Must be currently enrolled (full-time or part-time) as a degree-seeking student in their final year of study within an accredited college or university, or recently graduated within one (1) year of the internship start date OR are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty--for any length of time--in the two years preceding the internship program start date.
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or higher)
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the outset of the internship
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must complete required Human Resources training by the end of the internship
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check (if applicable for the position); and may be subject to drug testing pursuant to the employing agency’s policy.