October 17, 2020
9:00 am to 12:00 pm CDT
Central Avenue/Conlee Parking lot University of Memphis
The BBB, along with partners Shred-it, The University of Memphis, The Commercial Appeal, The Tennessee Attorney General’s Office, Division of Consumer Affairs, and The Tennessee Highway Patrol, is once again offering free document shredding on Saturday, October 17, from 9:00 a.m.-noon in the Central Avenue/Conlee parking lot at The University of Memphis.
- You should enter the parking lot from the west entrance on Central Avenue only and proceed north towards Poplar Avenue to access the shredding trucks.
- You will not be able to access the shredding trucks if you enter the parking lot from Zach Curlin due to construction in the lot.
- You should remain in your vehicle.
- BBB and Shred-it staff will remove the documents from your vehicle.
- Your documents will be destroyed on the spot by Shred-it’s mobile shredding trucks.
- You must exit right onto Poplar Avenue.
- You may bring up to 5 boxes or bags of documents.
- Staples and paper clips are acceptable but papers must be removed from binders.
If you’ve been the victim of identity theft, visit FTC’s IdentityTheft.gov to report the theft and create a personal recovery plan.