The Tennessee Workforce Development System takes a proactive approach to create a pipeline that can supply a qualified and trained workforce to Tennessee employers. The seven state agencies within the system work in tandem, maximizing resources to create the most qualified workforce in the nation.
These seven agencies include:
Workforce Development Program Spotlight
Incarcerated Individual Pathways
The Tennessee Department of Correction (TDOC) plays a key role in supplying an untapped workforce to the jobs pipeline. The Incarcerated Individual Pathway program from the TDOC aims to promote public safety through a viable reentry process that includes education, training, and employment for justice-involved individuals.
- Governor Lee, Commissioner McWhorter Announce Bottling Company International to Establish Manufacturing and Distribution Operations in Warren County
- Governor Lee, Commissioner McWhorter Announce Pace Industries, LLC to Expand Manufacturing Operations in Madison County
- Governor Lee, Commissioner McWhorter Announce SK Food Group, Inc. to Establish Manufacturing Operations in Bradley County
- TDOE Reimagines Classroom Experience & How to Prepare Students for Postsecondary Success
- Grow Your Own Teacher Apprenticeship Opportunities Continue to Strengthen Tennessee’s Educator Pipeline
- TDOE Awards Over $800K for Middle School STEM, CTE Career Exploration Start-Up & Expansion, and High School School-Based Enterprise Grants
TN BOARD OF REGENTS NEWS
TN WORKFORCE DEV SYSTEM NEWS