The Tennessee Workforce Development System takes a proactive approach to create a pipeline that can supply a qualified and trained workforce to Tennessee employers. The seven state agencies within the system work in tandem, maximizing resources to create the most qualified workforce in the nation.
These seven agencies include:
Workforce Development Program Spotlight
Incarcerated Individual Pathways
The Tennessee Department of Correction (TDOC) plays a key role in supplying an untapped workforce to the jobs pipeline. The Incarcerated Individual Pathway program from the TDOC aims to promote public safety through a viable reentry process that includes education, training, and employment for justice-involved individuals.
- Governor Lee, Commissioner McWhorter Announce Sparta Metal Processing LLC to Expand Manufacturing Operations in White County
- Governor Lee, Commissioner McWhorter Announce Axle Logistics, LLC to Expand Logistics Operations at Knoxville Headquarters
- Governor Lee, Commissioner McWhorter Announce Summit Behavioral Healthcare to Expand Williamson County Headquarters
- Tennessee Announces Process to Request Replacement of SNAP and D-SNAP Benefits for Customers Impacted by Skimming and Cloning Fraud
- Tennessee Department of Human Services Announces New Partnership with CVS Health to Increase Employment Opportunities for Tennesseans with Disabilities
- The Tennessee Department of Human Services Increases Reimbursement Rates to Enhance Child Care Access and Support to Families in Need
TN BOARD OF REGENTS NEWS
TN WORKFORCE DEV SYSTEM NEWS