County Corrections Partnership Initiative
“Partnering with stakeholders to improve the local correctional environment through awareness and education.”
What is County Corrections Partnership (CCP)?
· A voluntary initiative developed by TCI to assist in measures to address jail issues and reform.
· A program designed to create a path to certification for detention facilities facing decertification or have been decertified.
· An educational based program which provides all stakeholders with an opportunity to make educated and informed decisions about their local adult detention facility.
Strategies of the CCP
· Initiate an partnership with all stakeholders and local government officials in order to immediately identify problems the local detention facility is facing.
· Structure an advance delivery system of technical and compliance support in relation to problems facing the local facility.
· Educate all stakeholders on current issues the facility is facing, legal ramifications of inaction and methods of resolving current facility problems.
· Formulating a plan to address immediate and future needs of the facility while not ignoring current problems.
· Frame a path to address retaining or regaining certification of the local adult correctional facility.
Benefits of the CCP
· The program eliminates unnecessary expenditures, time and duplication among agency personnel and county administrative staff.
· Provides major stakeholders multiple avenues to communicate, participate and support each other within the local setting.
· Provides education and awareness regarding jail operations, problems the local facility is facing and methods in addressing facility problems.
Programs provided in the CCP
· Snapshot Analysis - Program designed to provide insight into the current facility operations, inmate population, and community data.
· J.A.I.L. - This program provides education regarding Jail Standards, Administration, Inmate Concerns and Liability.
· Crisis Management - Program designed to manage current jail operations while faced with a multitude of problems.
· Transition - Program that assist Jail Officials, personnel and stakeholders through the process of transitioning into a new facility.
Who are the stakeholders in the CCP?
· County Mayors
· Police Chiefs
· Government Officials
CTAS, MTAS, TN Sheriff’s Association, TN County Services Association, Association of County Mayors, and Tennessee Association of Chiefs of Police