Samuel K. Lee serves as the Chief Deputy District Attorney General for the 6th Judicial District (Knox County), a position he has held since 2014. Prior to his appointment, Sam worked in private practice at Ridenour & Ridenour, an East Tennessee law firm. He has prior experience in both the Anderson County and Knox County District Attorney General’s Office.
A native of Buffalo, New York, Sam attended the University of Tennessee, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in 1989. Sam earned his JD from Nova Southeastern University in 1994, and LLM from George Washington University.
In addition to serving on the Sports Wagering Advisory Council, Sam is involved in numerous community activities:
- Leadership Knoxville Board of Directors, Governance Chair
- University of Tennessee Medical Center Brain and Spine Institute, Advisory Committee
- Knoxville Family Justice Center, Operations, Committee Chair
- Knoxville Behavioral Health Urgent Care Center, Operations Committee
- Knoxville YWCA GameChangers Men’s Committee, Member
- Appalachia HIDTA Knoxville Drug Related Death Task Force, Member
- Knox County Mental Health Court, Development and Operations Team Member
- Knox County Shot-At-Life, Development and Operations Team Member