Thank you for taking time to provide a letter of recommendation for a Governor’s Management Fellow applicant. Those who are selected will be part of an elite group who will be working closely with top leaders in Tennessee State Government. Your candid feedback about our applicants will be critical to our selection process to identify the best candidates for these selective positions.
The individuals chosen should excel in academics, be campus leaders, and display a true interest in public service. For more information about the fellowship, please visit our FAQs link, or click here.
Recommendation letters should be submitted via the online recommender portal found below where you can submit your name, title, and upload a PDF version of your recommendation letter. Letters should be on official letterhead if possible, be no longer than one single-spaced page, and be a minimum of 11 point font.
The format of the letter is up to you, but we do ask that you address the following:
- How long you have known the applicant and personal experiences you share with them
- A candid assessment of their leadership abilities, professionalism, work ethic, and ability to work with others
- His/her strengths, speaking to their moral character
- His/her interest in public service
Cover letters can be addressed to:
Fellowship Interview Committee
312 Rosa L. Parks Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37203
- Letters are due by 6 PM EST on Tuesday, October 1,, 2019. Missing letters of recommendation will render an application incomplete and the application will not be considered.
- Documents should be uploaded as a PDF.