Get Help with Internet Bills
Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), administered by the Federal Communications Commission, gives low-income households a discount on internet services so they don’t have to decide between purchasing broadband or other necessities.
How to Participate in ACP
Check your eligibility and enroll in the ACP at http://getinternet.gov. There is no fee to apply.
New: $30 Internet Plans
The federal government has secured 20 leading internet providers to offer ACP-eligible households a monthly high-speed internet plan for no more than $30. Eligible families who pair their ACP benefit with one of these plans can receive high-speed internet at no cost. Visit http://getinternet.gov for more details.
Affordable Connectivity Program FAQS
Who can receive the ACP discount?
The FCC has set criteria for who may receive internet service discounts from the Affordable Connectivity Program. At least one member of a household must meet one of these conditions:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Federal Public Housing Assistance
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Participates in tribal-specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program.
How does the ACP discount work?
Qualifying applicants will receive a $30 a month discount applied directly to their internet bill. Once you complete and if approved by the FCC, you then re-submit your approved application to your internet service provider to receive the monthly discount.
Who offers the ACP discount?
The FCC maintains a list of providers participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program, and you can also find information at http://getinternet.gov.
How can I apply for the ACP discount?
Households may apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program either through their participating broadband provider or directly with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC). Applications opened Dec. 31, 2021. There is no fee to apply to the program.