Federal and National Cyber ResourcesScholarships, Programs, Clubs and Internships for Students:
National Security Agency (NSA) - NSA offers a wide selection of paid programs for high school, college and graduate students in many cyber career fields.
- NSA Resources for Students & Educators
- NSA Featured Schools
- Academic Engagement and Higher Education Outreach
- NSA Student Program Brochures
National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (NCAE) - the mission of the NCAE program is to create and manage a collaborative cybersecurity educational program with community colleges, colleges, and universities.
- National Program Overview
- United States CAE Institutions Map
- CAE-CDE Programs Offered in Tennessee:
- Fountainhead College of Technology, Network Security and Forensics - Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CDE) 2014-2020
- Tennessee Tech University, Cybersecurity Education Research and Outreach Center - Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CDE) 2016-2021
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Information Security - Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CDE) 2014-2021
- University of Memphis, Department of Computer Science - Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CDE) 2014-2021 & Center of Academic Excellence in Research (CAE-R) 2014-2021
- Jackson State Community College, Computer Information Technology - Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance 2-Year Education (CAE/IAE 2Y)
CyberCorps Scholarship for Service - this program provides funding for student cybersecurity scholarships in return for a commitment to work within a public service organization.
- Scholarship for Service Overview
- Program Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions
- Participating Institutions in the US
- Participating Institutions in TN:
DoD Cyber Scholarship Program (CySP) - both a scholarship program for the DoD, and a capacity building tool for the nation. The program is a result of commitment from DoD and Congress to support higher education as a means to prepare the DoD workforce to deal with threats against the Department’s critical information system and networks. Qualified institutions in TN are:
- Tennessee Tech University (students currently active in program)
- The University of Memphis
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
US Cybersecurity Infrastructure & Security Agency (CISA) - CISA is the Nation’s risk advisor, working with industry and government partners to defend against today’s threats and collaborating to build a more secure and resilient infrastructure for the future.
- CISA Cyber IT Internships - hires current students enrolled in accredited educational institutions from high school to graduate level for paid cyber/IT internships.
- NICCS Cyber Career Pathways Tool User Guide – a team from CISA’s National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS) developed this tool to help students identify, build, and navigate a potential cyber career pathway by increasing understanding of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for cyber careers.
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) sponsors the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) - the mission of NICE is to energize, promote, and coordinate a robust community working together to advance an integrated ecosystem of cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development.
- NICE brochure (PDF)
- Online Learning Content – this site provides links to free and low-cost online educational content on topics such as information technology and cybersecurity.
CYBER Degrees EDU - With the rise of increasingly sophisticated cyber criminals and actor, cybersecurity defense has become one of the hottest fields over the last few years. CYBER Degrees EDU contains information about the certifications needed and the best career options available today for those interested in starting cyber careers.
US Intelligence Careers (IC) Student Programs - The IC offers a wide variety of excellent programs to get a jumpstart on a career in intelligence. IC Student Programs are available for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students as well.
United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Cyber Careers Website – CyberCareers.gov is a guide to the Federal cybersecurity workforce for job seekers, hiring managers, and more.