TNWIC is Here!
The Tennessee WIC Program is moving from the paper-based delivery of WIC benefits to an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) system. Your WIC food benefits will be issued into an electronic benefit account. For more information about TNWIC, click here.
Your WIC Benefits
You are 1 of the 130,000 participants who receives WIC approved foods each month through redeeming WIC vouchers or WIC electronic benefits at over 800 grocery stores and pharmacies across the state. In addition, select pharmacy locations provide therapeutic formulas made for infants, children, and adults with specific nutrition or medical disorders.
WIC foods provide nutrients essential for growth and development. These nutrients are provided by fruits and vegetables, whole grain foods, low fat milk, cheese, eggs, peanut butter and dry beans and special foods like soy beverages and tofu. The WIC supplemental foods that are offered to you are aligned with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the American Academy of Pediatrics’ infant feeding guidance.
Your local WIC clinic can provide you with a list of approved grocery stores and pharmacies in your area. Please refer to the WIC Approved Food Lists and WIC Food List, by Participant Type below for detailed list of WIC foods available to you.
- Lista de Alimentos Aprobados para los Bebés
- Lista de Alimentos Aprobados para las Mujeres y los Niños 1 a 5 años
** All WIC Approved Food Lists have been extended through September 30, 2019.
- Alimentos de WIC para la Madre Embarazada
- Alimentos de WIC para la Madre No Lactante
- Alimentos de WIC para la Madre Amamantando Exclusivamente
- Alimentos de WIC para la Madre Amamantando Parcialmente
- Alimentos de WIC para su Bebé (Nacimiento hasta los 11 meses)
- Alimentos de WIC para los Niños de 1 Año (12 hasta 23 meses)
- Alimentos de WIC para los Niños de 2-4 Años