Tennessee Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program
If you would like to apply for WIC, schedule an appointment, or if you have questions about your card or benefits, please contact your local health department or WIC clinic. Your local office's phone number can be found here.
The following county health departments are closed due to water damage: Madison County. WIC participants will need to contact their clinic or call the WIC Hotline (1-800-DIAL-WIC: 800-342-5942) if you need further assistance.
Below is information and resources for Tennessee families who may need assistance in finding formula. You can also visit your local health department with questions or call your pediatrician to ask about resources or options that might be available.
- Formula Substitution List (WIC and non-WIC)
- Abbott Formula Recall Information October 2022
- American Academy of Pediatrics Formula FAQs
- Tennessee Breastfeeding Resources
- Abbott Formula Recall Information
- TN WIC and Infant Formula Recall FAQ 2023
- Find Formula During the Infant Formula Shortage | HHS.gov
- FDA Flexibilities to Yield Millions of Cans of Additional Infant Formula in Coming Months to Increase Supply Available to U.S. Consumers | FDA
- Enforcement Discretion to Manufacturers to Increase Infant Formula Supplies | FDA
- Abbott to Release EleCare® Amino Acid-based Formulas to Help Meet Critical Patient Need - May 24, 2022 (mediaroom.com)
- FDA Investigation of Cronobacter Infections: Powdered Infant Formula (February 2022) | FDA
- FDA Efforts to Result in Millions of Additional Bottles of Infant Formula to Further Increase U.S. Supply | FDA
- FDA Encourages Importation of Safe Infant Formula and Other Flexibilities to Further Increase Availability | FDA
- FDA Resources for Parents and Caregivers on Imported Infant Formula
RECALL REMINDER: The FDA has issued a recall on certain Jif peanut butter products. These products could contain salmonella which can cause serious infection and illness. Check your pantries and throw away recalled Jif products listed here: https://bit.ly/3NCDE4n and associated products here: https://bit.ly/393FtrS
Do you have or need a WIC appointment? Please call your local county health department for services. If you are trying to make a WIC appointment in Shelby County, please call (901) 222-9980 or send an email to email@example.com. For general questions about the WIC program, call 1-800-DIAL-WIC or scroll down for more information.
For special accommodations contact Luvenia Harrison, ADA Coordinator / Civil Rights Compliance Officer/LEP Coordinator, TDH, Luvenia.Harrison@tn.gov or (615) 741-9421.