Cadence Bancorporation Appoints THRC Executive Director to Newly Formed Community Reinvestment Act Advisory Board
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HOUSTON- Cadence Bancorporation announced the formation of a Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Advisory Board to support the community outreach and reinvestment initiatives of Cadence Bank, its wholly owned subsidiary. These initiatives are outlined in the bank’s 2019-2023 Community Benefits Plan, created with input from the National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC).
The CRA Advisory Board serves to strengthen Cadence Bank’s fair lending and CRA programs for low-to-moderate income and underserved minority communities. Members of the CRA Advisory Board will provide strategic guidance and direction on the bank’s affordable housing, small business, economic and community development, and financial empowerment initiatives. The advisory board will meet twice annually, with its inaugural meeting scheduled for February 2020 in Houston.
Seven community leaders have been appointed initially to the CRA Advisory Board:
· Robert Dickerson, Jr., NCRC Chairperson and Executive Director, Birmingham Business Resource Center, Birmingham, Alabama; Dickerson will serve as board chair.
· Aidza Antonio-Thomas, Director, Solita’s House, Tampa, Florida
· Charles Harris, Executive Director, Housing Education & Economic Development, Jackson, Mississippi
· Bambie Hayes-Brown, President & CEO, Georgia Advancing Communities Together, Atlanta, Georgia
· Matt Hull, Executive Director, Texas Association of Community Development Corporations and Texas Community Capital, Austin, Texas
· Jenn Jones, Chief, Membership, Policy and Training, NCRC, Washington, D.C.
· Mary Ellen Juda, Executive Director, Neighborhood Concepts, Huntsville, Alabama
· Mona Lisa Morris, Director of Financial Literacy Programs, Birmingham Business Resource Center, Birmingham, Alabama
"We welcome these recognized community leaders to Cadence Bank’s CRA Advisory Board and look forward to the expertise and counsel they will bring," said Mark Washington, Cadence Bank CRA Manager. "Their strategic advice will enhance the many existing initiatives we have in place and help us launch new, innovative programs to further strengthen the communities we serve."
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200116005111/en/