VFC Annual Immunization Review (AIR)Tennessee Immunization Program (TIP): Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program
The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program's Annual Immunization Review (AIR) is a free educational conference for enrolled providers and their staff. These one-day educational conference / training events are held in four cities across Tennessee including Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis, and Nashville. It is highly recommended that primary and back-up vaccine coordinators, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other clinical staff who play a significant role in the immunization activities of a VFC enrolled practice attend one of the four training dates. Relevant exhibitors will also be present to provide quality education, product, and service information for attendees to engage.
2019 VFC Annual Immunization Review (AIR)
The 2019 VFC AIR will be held on September 19th, 20th, 24th, and 25th in four cities across Tennessee for healthcare providers and their staff currently enrolled in the VFC Program. Each participant must register individually and may only register to attend one of the four conference dates. The registration links will open on July 1st and will close on August 16th. Seating is limited, so please Save-The-Date and mark your calendar to register to attend the location nearest you!
Thursday, September 19th – Knoxville Area
Hotel Knoxville (Marriott) 501 E Hill Ave, Knoxville, TN 37915
Friday, September 20th – Chattanooga Area
Double Tree by Hilton Downtown 407 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402
Tuesday, September 24th – Memphis Area
Holiday Inn - University of Memphis 3700 Central Ave, Memphis TN 38111
Wednesday, September 25th – Nashville Area
Williamson County AG Expo Park 4215 Long Ln, Franklin, TN 37064
Further details for attendees and exhibitors are below.
For questions regarding TIP's VFC AIR, please contact the VFC Help Desk at VFC.Help@tn.gov or 800-404-3006, attention Howard C. Young, III.
* Registration links will open on July 1st and will close on August 16th. *
Knoxville Area - September 19, 2019
Chattanooga Area - September 20, 2019
Memphis Area - September 24, 2019
Nashville Area - September 25, 2019
- Registration links will open for TN healthcare providers and their staff currently enrolled in the VFC Program on July 1st and will close on August 16th.
- Attendees must register individually and for only one of the four conference dates as seating is limited.
- VFC providers attempting walk-in registration must arrive between 8-9 AM the morning of an event and will be based on first-come-first serve availability.
- All attendees (registered and walk-ins) must check-in at the registration desk between 8-9 AM on the day of the event.
Prescribed Credits & Contact Hours
- Attendance at a 2019 AIR event will qualify for VFC's required Annual Training.
- TIP has once again applied for CME credit with the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Determination of credits is pending. (Last year's conference had been approved for up to 5.25 AAFP Prescribed Credits (CMEs) and 5.5 Contact Hours for nurses and medical assistants to apply towards TN license renewal.)
*Note: Attendees must be present for the duration of a conference and submit the Evaluation Survey at the end of the day in order to receive a Certificate of Participation.
- The conference will begin promptly at 9 AM and adjourn at 4 PM.
- All attendees (registered and walk-ins) must first check-in at the registration desk between 8-9 AM.
- There will be a 15 minute break mid-morning and mid-afternoon with lite refreshments served.
- Participants are responsible for their own lunch and reconvening within the allotted hour.
- A conference program booklet and several handouts will be provided for notetaking.
- Exhibitors will be available to attendees in the morning and throughout the day.
*Note: Facility temperatures may vary and are not within TIP's control. Please plan accordingly. We suggest bringing an extra sweater or wrap if you are sensitive to cooler temperatures.
Topics & Presentations
Presentations and guest speakers for the 2019 VFC AIR are TBD. Below is a sample list of topics from the 2018 AIR:
- TIP and VFC Program Updates
- Hepatitis A: TN Outbreak Response
- Immunization Updates for 2018 (guest speaker)
- Talking About Vaccines: Building Confidence (guest speaker)
- TennIIS: Year in Review and IIS Updates
- HPV Promotion and Resources
- VFC Program Improvements and Evaluation (PIE): Quarterly Report Card
- VFC Program Requirements and Test Your Knowledge
- VFC Quality Assurance: Year in Review
- Vaccine Ordering Management System (VOMS)
The Tennessee Immunization Program (TIP) is pleased to offer opportunities to exhibit at the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program's Annual Immunization Review (AIR) on September 19, 20, 24, and 25, 2019. These one-day conference / training events will be held in four cities across Tennessee including Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis, and Nashville (Franklin). TIP welcomes vendors with services or products that are of interest to our attendees to exhibit at our annual event.
Vendors are invited to join us in providing quality educational opportunities for the healthcare providers participating in the VFC Program. VFC providers including public and private physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and their clinical staff (nurses and medical assistants) are the target audience. All VFC enrolled providers are strongly encouraged to attend one of the four event dates and may receive contact hours or CME credits through the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). In previous years, attendance for the VFC AIR conferences has filled our chosen venues to capacity with a combined 1,000 participants.
ALL VENDOR SLOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED FOR 2019! Exhibitor registration is now closed.
Please feel free to email us to be placed on the waiting list or added to be notified when we open up registration for next year. Space is limited, so please contact TIP as soon as possible to take advantage of this opportunity.
* THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 REGISTERED EXHIBITORS! *
Registered Exhibitor List
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield of TN
- United Healthcare
- Sanofi Pasteur
- TruMed / AccuVax Systems
- Cancer Free TN Coalition
- TN American Academy of Pediatrics (only at Nashville area location)
Questions and Inquiries
Exhibitor inquiries for TIP's VFC AIR may be directed to Howard C. Young, III, VFC Quality Assurance Administrator, at Howard.Young@tn.gov or 615-532-6789.