Monthly Service Challenge
Each month, a new mission will be posted as motivation for us all to roll up our sleeves and serve our communities. Be sure to keep the Office of the First Lady in the loop by posting on social media using #TennesseeServes for a chance to be recognized as a Service Spotlight. Grab your friends, family, classmates or colleagues and join us as Tennessee Serves!
Join first lady Maria in serving food-insecure Tennesseans throughout the month of June. According to Feeding America, one in eight people in Tennessee face hunger, with one in six of them being children. To combat these staggering statistics, first lady Maria is encouraging you to consider the following ways to serve:
1. Volunteer at your local food bank
- Use the Tennessee Serves Network to locate a food bank volunteer opportunity near you. To access the network, click here, then filter by interest and select food preparation or meal service.
2. Pack summer fuel bags for kids home from school for the summer
- Feeding America distributes thousands of fuels bags for kids across the state each week. To volunteer with a Feeding America partner near you, click here.
3. Start a neighborhood food drive for your favorite local food pantry by putting a box on your porch to collect nonperishable items, encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same by posting on social media using #TennesseeServestheHungry.
Remember to post on social media about how you participated in this month’s challenge using #TennesseeServes for a chance to be featured as one of our service spotlights!