Monthly Service Challenge
Each month, we will post a new mission as motivation for you to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Be sure to keep us in the loop by posting on social media using #TennesseeServes for a chance to be recognized as one of our Service Spotlights. Grab your friends, family, classmates or colleagues and join us as Tennessee Serves!
For this month’s challenge, we are encouraging Tennesseans to serve our seniors. We hope that you will join us in spending time with our dear friends and neighbors rich in history, life stories and wisdom. Take time to listen and enjoy their smiles – or better yet, be the one to bring a smile to them.
Looking for ways to get involved? Consider the following options:
- Volunteer for a Meals on Wheels route
- Get a group of coworkers together and sponsor a senior for meals for the month or year
- Assist an older neighbor with housework or yard work
- Offer to help with errands or transportation
- MyRide Tennessee is a volunteer senior transportation program that helps match volunteers with seniors who need help getting to the doctor, grocery store, or other appointments
- Make extra food and share a meal with a senior you know that may not cook for themselves
- Find out how you can help your church or civic organization serve seniors
- Visit someone you know in an assisted living facility or nursing home and bring along a board game, care package or homemade treat
- Help a local senior center by teaching a basic computer class, starting a book club or by donating office supplies and gifts for their participants