Monthly Service Challenge
Each month, a new mission will be posted as motivation for us all to roll up our sleeves and serve our communities. Be sure to keep the Office of the First Lady in the loop by posting on social media using #TennesseeServes for a chance to be recognized as a Service Spotlight. Grab your friends, family, classmates or colleagues and join us as Tennessee Serves!
Our older adults and seniors have so much wisdom to share, and at a time when they may be feeling more isolated than ever, we hope you will join us in serving them throughout the month of April. It just takes one thoughtful deed to encourage a heart in need.
Ways to serve:
- Volunteer with Meals on Wheels
- Volunteer with MyRide Tennessee: a senior transportation program that matches volunteers with older adults who need help getting to the doctor, grocery store or other appointments
- Connect a senior with the TN Hope Line or serve a volunteer
- Volunteer with Care Through Conversation to check on isolated seniors in your community
- Start a letter-writing campaign to seniors through your local senior center
Remember to post on social media about how you participated in this month’s challenge using #TennesseeServes for a chance to be featured as one of our service spotlights!