Modular Building Program
This program is under authority of Tennessee Code Annotated 68-126-301. The Tennessee Modular Buildings Act was established in 1985 with the purpose of establishing building construction standards for factory built structures. The program includes, in addition to housing, all business and commercial buildings that are mass-produced in factories and then transported to building sites to be installed. Manufactured (mobile) homes are excluded from the program. Their regulation is the responsibility of the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Use instructions below to read further.
Modular Plans Submittal
The Comprehensive Online Regulatory and Enforcement (CORE) system will be temporarily down for maintenance.
Access will be unavailable on Friday, January 24th, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time through Monday, January 27th, ending at 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Tennessee Modular Building Act (Law) T. C. A. 68-126-301
- Tennessee Modular Building Rules - Chapter 0780-2-13
- Tennessee Public Building Accessibility Act (Law) T. C. A. 68-120-201
- Tennessee Public Building Accessibility Act (Rules) Chapter 0620-2-3
- Tennessee Safety Glazing Act (Law) T. C. A. 68-120-301
- Pending Rules
- Certification Labels $20 Label Refunds due to Modular Building Unit Manufacturer form & instructions [pdf]
- Certification Labels - $50.00 Label Refunds due to Modular Building Unit Manufacturer form and instructions [pdf]
- Monthly Production Reports (adjustment report for form “A”) form and instructions [pdf]
- Monthly Production Reports (Form “A”) form and instructions [pdf]
- Certification Labels Lost Label Report form and instructions [pdf]
- Certification Labels Damaged Label Report form and instructions [pdf]
- License Application for Manufacturer of Modular Building Units form and instructions [pdf]
- Manufacturer of Modular Building Units Surety Bond [pdf]
- Eligibility Verification Form [pdf]
- 2009-01 Construction Inspection Agency Monthly Inspection Reports of Tennessee Modular Building Units
- 2009-02 Manufacturer Monthly Production Reports (Form A) for Tennessee Modular Building Units
- 2009-03 Revocation of Additional State Review and Approval Required for Tennessee Modular Building Units for Special Designated Uses
- 2009-04 Tennessee Modular Building Units - Kiosk Code Criteria
- 2009-05 Fiscal Transactions for The Tennessee Modular Building Program
- 2009-06 Inspection Work on Tennessee Modular Building Units Done on Site
- 2009-07 Tennessee Modular Building Units Foundation Plans
- 2009-08 Sealing, Signing, and Dating of Tennessee Modular Building Unit Plans, Compliance Assurance Manuals, Building System Manuals, and all other Required Documentation by Tennessee Registered Architects and/or Engineers
- 2009-09 Tennessee Modular Building Unit Certification Label Control and Labeling Procedures
- 2009-11 Tennessee Modular Building Unit Building Unit Building Permits, Tennessee Modular Building Unit Installer License/Contractors Licenses, and Definitions Concerning Temporary Construction Site Units
- 2009-12 Compliance Assurance Manual, Building System Manual, and Model Plans Re-Submittal Requirements When Changing Third Party Design Review Agencies
Some files are Adobe Reader® Files [pdf], 6.0 or higher. You may need to DOWNLOAD a free copy of Adobe Reader® to view these files.