Additional Research Resources
· Conkin, Paul K. A Revolution Down on the Farm: The Transformation of American Agriculture since 1929. University Press of Kentucky, 2009.
· Daniel, Pete. Breaking the Land: The Transformation of Cotton, Tobacco, and Rice Cultures since 1880. University of Illinois Press, 1985.
· Daniel, Pete. Dispossession: Discrimination Against African American Farmers in the Age of Civil Rights. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2013.
· Davis, Ronald L. F. Good and Faithful Labor: From Slavery to Sharecropping in the Natchez District 1860-1890. Praeger Press, 1982.
· Fite, Gilbert. Cotton Fields No More: Southern Agriculture 1865-1980. University Press of Kentucky, 1984.
· Fitzgerald, Deborah. Every Farm a Factory: The Industrial Ideal in American Agriculture. Yale University Press, 2003.
· Hoffschwelle, Mary. Rebuilding the Rural Southern Community: Reformers, Schools, and Homes in Tennessee, 1900-1930. University of Tennessee Press, 1998.
· Lester, Connie L. Up from the Mudsills of Hell: The Farmers’ Alliance, Populism, and Progressive Agriculture in Tennessee, 1870-1915. University of Georgia Press, 2006.
· Lonetree, Amy. Decolonizing Museums: Representing Native America in National and Tribal Museums. University of North Carolina Press, 2012.
· Ransom, Roger L. and Richard Sutch. One Kind of Freedom: The Economic Consequences of Emancipation. Cambridge University Press, 1977.
· Reid, Debra Ann, and Evan P. Bennett. Beyond Forty Acres and a Mule: African American Landowning Families since Reconstruction. University Press of Florida, 2012.
· Royce, Edward. The Origins of Southern Sharecropping. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1993.
· Vlach, John Michael. Back of the Big House: The Architecture of Plantation Slavery. University of North Carolina Press, 1993.
· Walker, Melissa. All We Knew Was to Farm: Rural Women in the Upcountry South, 1919-1941. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2002.
· Walker, Melissa. Southern Farmers and Their Stories: Memory and Meaning in Oral History. University Press of Kentucky, 2009.
· Winters, Donald. Tennessee Farming, Tennessee Farmers: Antebellum Agriculture in the Upper South. University of Tennessee Press, 1995.