History of Ellington Agricultural Center
The 207 acre Ellington Agricultural Center is headquarters for the Tennessee Department of Agriculture, the Tennessee Agricultural Museum, and the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. It is also a branch location for various other agencies. Located 10 miles south of downtown Nashville, the center is the heart of the state's agricultural interests.
History of the Tennessee Agricultural Museum
The Tennessee Department of Agriculture operates the Tennessee Agricultural Museum. Both are located on the Ellington Agricultural Center grounds.
Although the state legislature created the museum in 1959, it was not until 20 years later that the museum secured operating funds. In 1988, museum supporters created a non-profit association, the Oscar L. Farris Agricultural Museum Association, to help the museum reach its educational mission. The association was named in honor of Oscar L. Farris, a Davidson County extension agent who was instrumental in establishing the museum and its collections.
Pictured at Left - Oscar L. Farris
TN Agricultural Museum • (615) 837-5197 • firstname.lastname@example.org