COVID-19 Bulletin #19 - April 16, 2020
Today, Governor Bill Lee provided an update on Tennessee’s efforts regarding COVID-19 relief.
Gov. Lee’s daily press conferences can be viewed live this week Monday through Thursday at 3 p.m. CDT here. Gov. Lee has also established a website specific to COVID-19 updates which can be found here.
Economic Recovery Group
Gov. Lee has appointed the Department of Tourism Development Commissioner Mark Ezell to oversee the Economic Recovery Group who will work in coordination with several state departments, legislative leadership, local mayors, health care professionals, and representatives of impacted industries to develop a strategy to safely reboot the state economy.
The state will create industry-specific guidance so that businesses can be fully prepared to operate safely and protect their employees and customers.
It is also important to hear from Tennesseans as solutions for economic recovery are developed. Please visit tn.gov to share how COVID-19 is affecting your business and what you need most from the state in this process. Additional information can be found here.
Members of the group include:
- Mark Ezell, Director
- Sammie Arnold, Chief of Staff
- House Majority Leader William Lamberth (R – Portland)
- Senate Majority Leader Jack Johnson (R – Franklin)
- Brandon Gibson, Senior Advisor to Governor Lee
- Bob Rolfe, Department of Economic and Community Development
- Greg Gonzales, Department of Financial Institutions
- David Gerregano, Department of Revenue
- Dr. Charles Hatcher, Department of Agriculture
- Dr. Jeff McCord, Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Hodgen Mainda, Department of Commerce and Insurance
- Tony Niknejad, Governor’s Office
- Brig. Gen. Scott Brower, COVID-19 Unified Command
- Dr. Morgan McDonald, TN Dept. of Health, Deputy Commissioner
- Butch Eley, Department of Finance & Administration
- Jim Brown, National Federation of Independent Business
- Bradley Jackson, TN Chamber of Commerce
- Beverly Robertson, President & CEO of the Memphis Chamber of Commerce
- Rob Ikard, TN Grocers & Convenience Store Association
- Rob Mortensen, TN Hospitality & Tourism Association
- Colin Barrett, TN Bankers Association
- Fred Robinson, TN Credit Union League
- Dave Huneryager, TN Trucking Association
- Will Cromer, TN Hospital Association
- Mayor Kevin Davis, President of TN County Services Association
- Mayor Jill Holland, President of TN Municipal League
- Jeff Aiken, TN Farm Bureau
- Tari Hughes, Center for Non-Profit Management
- Roland Myers, TN Retail Association
- Clay Crownover, President & CEO of Associated Builders & Contractors of Tennessee
Stimulus Financial Accountability Group
Gov. Lee announced the creation of the Stimulus Financial Accountability Group to ensure proper fiscal management of stimulus funds received by the state through the CARES Act. The State of Tennessee projects a distribution of approximately $2.3 billion from the Fund. The first meeting of the Stimulus Financial Accountability Group will be held remotely on April 22nd.
Members of the group include:
- Governor Bill Lee
- Lieutenant Governor Randy McNally
- House Speaker Cameron Sexton
- Senator Bo Watson
- Senator Raumesh Akbari
- Representative Pat Marsh
- Representative Harold Love Jr.
- Justin P. Wilson, Comptroller of the Treasury
- Commissioner Butch Eley, Finance & Administration
- Stuart McWhorter, COVID-19 Unified Command
Current Department of Health Testing Results (as of 2 p.m. 4/16)
For more information on COVID-19 in Tennessee, please visit the Tennessee Department of Health’s website here.