TEC Digital Media Community GrantDeadline Wednesday, May 29, 2019
The Tennessee Digital Media Community Grant is a competitive 50%-50% matching grant for nonprofits, local governments, educational institutions & private entities working to advance identified strategic areas of the emerging Interactive Digital Media & Creative Technology industry in Tennessee.
What is Interactive Digital Media / Creative Technology?
All grant awards must demonstrate anticipated outcomes accelerating growth, increasing industry activity or yielding job creation or interactive digital media or creative technology industry expansion or relocation for one or more of the following target industry sub-sectors: Music or Audio Technology; Digital or Streaming Content Distribution; Animation & VFX; Video Game Development or Gamified Platforms; Education Technology or Digital Learning Applications; Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) or Mixed Reality (MR); Esports.
What is the contract period?
The contract period will be 12 – 24 months depending on the nature of the project; an initial portion of the contract timeline will be for project implementation, with a second portion for reporting & observation (Note: these portions may overlap at certain periods).
How much can you apply for?
The TEC anticipates funding between 4-6 total grants in the $15,000 to $30,000 range (total project costs including grant award plus required matching funds would equal at least $30,000 to $60,000, respectively). The maximum eligible grant request will be $40,000 (total project cost of at least $80,000).
- The grant application must be submitted and administered by the sponsoring nonprofit organization, local government, educational entity or private business entity.
- Partnerships, collaborative work and leveraging funds are encouraged!
- The TEC Digital Media Community Grant is a reimbursable grant program. That means you spend the money as agreed upon for eligible activities; submit respective receipts and other documentations then we reimburse you.
- Participating organizations will be required to submit proper documentation of all grant expenditures. Failure to follow specified uses or accounting requirements may result in loss of program participation and/or dollars.
- All expenditures must take place within the timeframe of the grant period as designated by the grant contract.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to align as a formal Mission Partner of the Tennessee Entertainment Commission, where relevant. Information on that process may be accessed here: www.CreateTN.com
- All applicants are required to register an organizational profile on the Tennessee Entertainment Commission’s statewide Create_Here creative technology resource directory, where relevant, accessible at: www.CreateTN.com
Who can apply for funding?
Non-profits, local governments, educational institutions & private business entities. Sorry, no applications from private individuals will be considered.
What are eligible purposes or activities?
Entities providing resources or programming to advance the Interactive Digital Media or Creative Technology industry sector in a community, region or statewide in Tennessee are encouraged to apply. Grant award support may include but not be limited to:
- Interactive digital media content creation equipment & software purchases, licenses, installation & support;
- New or expanded interactive digital media or creative technology incubation or acceleration programs;
- Programs or activities providing skills development training for roles or occupations relevant to current interactive digital media workforce needs;
- Facilities or venue space accessible by the public which is dedicated in significant part or in whole to interactive digital media or creative technology industry advancement through education or workforce training, acceleration or incubation space, equipment resources, industry-related events or more;
- Prominent regional, statewide or national interactive digital media or creative technology events of note;
- Matching-portions for secured relevant local, federal or philanthropic grants supporting interactive digital media or creative technology sector resources, programs, activities or talent development;
- Digital creative class talent development, coding/software development cluster growth or skills acceleration
TEC Digital Media Community Grant Applicants
Application period: The application receipt deadline is Wednesday, May 29th, 2019. All awards must be committed & contracted no later than June 28th, 2019.
Send us an email with your idea before submitting your application. Include the geographic area(s) to be covered with a brief paragraph describing the project, estimated budget and your contact information. Email it to us at email@example.com with “Digital Media Grant Intent to Apply” in the subject line.
Questions: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Media Community Grant” in the subject line.
Recommendation: After you submit your TEC Digital Media Community Grant application, take a moment to complete the pre-grant document; the Supplier Direct Deposit requires a hard copy to be physically mailed, and is a step that can cause delay. Grantees must also complete a W-9.