2019 Marketing Assistance Program
Corporate decision makers and site selectors consider video as the most compelling marketing materials during their site selection process. To meet this growing trend, TNECD’s Marketing Assistance Program will support economic development efforts for 12 Tennessee counties by providing four promotional videos, custom photography and a pitch presentation template. The four promotional videos will consist of one anthem video and three testimonial videos that feature success stories in rural development, workforce development and existing businesses.
New in 2019, any county is eligible to participate. 10 counties will be selected that are designated as Tier 2, Tier 3 or Tier 4. Two counties will be selected that are designated as Tier 1. For county designations, please view this map.
Applicants will be selected by county. Organizations that assist with economic development in their county are eligible to apply, but they must provide written permission from the county to apply on their behalf.
Additionally, recipients of the program must be willing to adhere to the following criteria:
- Attend 1-day meeting with TNECD and production vendor to scout locations within the county
- Attend biweekly meetings to complete milestones provided by TNECD and production vendor
- Coordinate all talent and locations for video and photography shoots
- Commit to three full days in the summer for video and photography shoots with TNECD and production vendor
- Attend 2019 Governor’s Conference on Economic and Community Development
- Only two counties will be selected that are designated as Tier 1
Applicants will be able to score a total of 100 points. Points will be designated based on the following rubric:
Application (Up to 50 Points)
The essay questions will be scored based on how thoroughly the questions are answered. We are looking for answers that will give us a good idea of what makes the community unique and why it will benefit from the program. These answers will help us to identify a marketing strategy for each specific county.
Businesses Participation and Locations (Up to 25 Points)
In order to create the most compelling videos, we need participation from the primary industrial businesses that define your community. It is important that you confirm participation from each business and location so we do not run into access issues during filming. To ease any concerns from the locations, we won’t film any proprietary processes/equipment and they will approval all footage prior to it being public. We’ll even provide b-roll footage to their team for their own promotional usages.
- February 17, 2019- Online application submissions due
- February 22, 2019 - Program recipients notified
- October 24, 2019 - Video, photo and presentation assets delivered
For more information or questions:
Justin Lane - Marketing Director
Jennifer McEachern - Communications Director