FO106 - Fire Instructor I On-Line
Fire Instructor I (On-Line) is a 5 week blended class where students are able to complete assignments given and to take appropriate tests associated with NFPA 1041. This course is designed to teach firefighters the knowledge and ability to deliver instruction effectively from a prepared lesson plan, including instructional aids and evaluation instruments; adapt lesson plans to the unique requirements of the students and authority having jurisdiction; organize the learning environment so that learning is maximized; and meet the record-keeping requirements of authority having jurisdiction. Fire Instructor I requires 1 day of oversight by a TFACA employee to complete certain skills and to complete state practical.
- $171 per student on campus
- $2,500 flat rate off campus
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fire & Emergency Services Instructor: Principles & Practice 3rd Edition Advantage Access; ISBN 978-1284172331
- Students will be able to teach from a prepared lesson plan using appropriate methods of delivery and communication skills to ensure that the learning process is effective.
- Students will be able to understand each component of the lesson plan.