FO102 - Fire Instructor II
This course is designed to teach fire department instructor job responsibilities including skills to analyze training needs of a department and develop a comprehensive training program. The student will learn to construct behavioral objectives, perform job breakdowns, develop instructor guide sheets and develop and use visual aids. Out-of-class work and practical teaching assignments are used to practice and demonstrate instructional skill development. The course meets selected requirements of NFPA 1041: Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications. After completion of the course, eligible students may take the Tennessee Commission on Fire Fighting Personnel and Standard Education certification exam for Fire Instructor II.
- $171 per student on campus
- $2,500 flat rate off campus
Fire Instructor I
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Service Instructor Principles & Practice 2nd Edition (Book Only)
- Laptop & Flash Drive Recommended
- Students will be able to prepare lesson plan components and determine the expected outcomes of the training session.
- Students will use and define the four step method of instruction and use this method in their lesson plan.