FO101 - Fire Instructor I
This course is designed to teach fire department instructor job responsibilities including skills to analyze training needs of a department and develop a comprehensive training program. The student will learn to construct behavioral objectives, perform job breakdowns, develop instructor guide sheets and develop and use visual aids. Out-of-class work and practical teaching assignments are used to practice and demonstrate instructional skill development. The course meets selected requirements of NFPA 1041: Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications. After completion of the course, eligible students may take the Tennessee Commission on Fire Fighting Personnel and Standard Education certification exam for Fire Instructor I.
- $171 per student on campus
- $2,500 flat rate off campus
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Service Instructor Principles & Practice 2nd Edition (Book Only)
- Laptop & Flash Drive Recommended
- Students will be able to teach from a prepared lesson plan using appropriate methods of delivery and communication skills to ensure that the learning process is effective.
- Students will be able to understand each component of the lesson plan.