FO161 - Fire Officer 1-2 Combined Week 2
This is the second course in a three-part series designed to instruct the student in the area of Fire Officer 1 and 2. Key areas of the course include leading the fire company; training and coaching; evaluation and discipline; organized labor and the fire officer; working in the community; and handling problems, conflicts and mistakes.
- $160 per student on campus
- $2,500 flat rate off campus
Fire Officer 1 & 2 Combined Week 1
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Flash Drive
- Laptop (Recommended)
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Officer Principles and Practice 3rd Edition Enhanced
- Students will be able to describe leadership styles.
- Students will be able to describe the concept of progressive discipline.
- Students will be able to explain what accrediation means for fire fighter certification programs.
- Students will understand the diminished benefits of fire fighter strikes.
- Students will be able to describe developing a local public education program.
- Students will be able to describe how to deal with citizen complaints.