FO160 - Fire Officer 1 & 2 Combined - Week 1
This is the first course in a three-part series designed to instruct the student in the area of Fire Officer 1 and 2. Key areas of the course include the four-step management process, preparing for promotion, fire officer communication, safety and risk management, and understanding people.
- $160 per student on campus
- $2,500 flat rate off campus
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Flash Drive
- Laptop (Recommended)
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Officer Principles and Practice 3rd Edition Enhanced
- Students will be able to describe the roles and responsibilities of the Fire Officer 1 and Fire Officer II as outlined in NFPA 1021.
- Students will be able to identify the elements of a promotional examination.
- Students will be able to describe how to maintain workplace diversity.
- Students will be able to understand the principles of supervision and basic human resource management.
- Students will be able to describe safety policies and procedures and basic workplace safety.
- Students will be able to discuss the communication cycle.